I’m From Mugwort Essence Review
Mugwort is the next big thing in the K-beauty industry as it is a hydrating, soothing and anti-inflammatory ingredient for those with dry, acne-prone or sensitive skin. Mugwort is native to South Korea and can be found in many Korean skincare products. Read on for my full I’m From Mugwort Essence Review.
Mugwort, also known as Artemisia Vulgaris, has been used for centuries in traditional medicine and is now gaining popularity in the world of skincare. This herb contains essential oils, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit the skin in many ways.
Mugwort is known for its ability to soothe and calm irritated skin, making it an excellent ingredient for those with sensitive skin. It can also help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by improving skin elasticity and promoting collagen production.
Additionally, mugwort has antibacterial properties, making it effective in preventing and treating acne breakouts. When used in skincare products such as toners, serums, or masks, mugwort can help to purify and detoxify the skin, leaving it feeling fresh and rejuvenated. Overall, incorporating mugwort into your skincare routine can offer numerous benefits for healthier, clearer, and more youthful-looking skin.
About The Brand I’m From
I’m From is a Korean skincare company that produces a series of wash-off face masks, creams, toners, essence and much more. They are known for using very high quality ingredients sourced from inside Korea.
The face masks from I’m From include a honey mask, a volcanic mask, a ginseng mask, a mug wort mask and a rice mask. Each mask has a different purpose and should be used on different areas of the face.
Any Questions? Join our the Korea Skincare & Beauty Facebook Group here! Ask any questions you have, connect with fellow beauty enthusiasts and learn more about Korean skincare & beauty.
Why Use I’m From Mugwort Essence?
Mugwort (also called wormwood or Artemisia princeps) is an extremely powerful skincare ingredient which can be found in loads of Korean skincare products. This is native to China, Japan and Korea. Mugwort is quite popular as it has lots of benefits like soothing, antibacterial, anti-fungal, treat redness and psoriasis, anti-inflammatory and moisturising for all skin types but especially sensitive, dry and acne-prone skin. Korean mugwort or ssuk has been used for years for cooking, medicine and skincare.
I’m From is a small Korean beauty brand that is known for its range of facial masks, with the most popular being the I’m From Honey Mask. All I’m From products are cruelty-free and this mugwort essence is also vegan.
You can buy all I’m From products on the online shop, Wishtrend.
Pros & Cons
Listed below are the pros and cons of the I’m From Mugwort Essence.
- Reduces irritation or redness
- Only 1 ingredient
- For all skin types (especially dry, sensitive and acne-prone)
- Easily absorbs into the skin
- The scent isn’t too strong
- A bit pricey
- Some people say it caused outbreak
- Heavey (as it’s a glass bottle)
I’m From Mugwort Essence Review
Below you’ll find an in depth I’m From Mugwort Essence review.
This mugwort essence is meant to work as a soothing essence. It has received many positive reviews as it is made with just a single ingredient. The mugwort essence easily absorbs into the skin and works and has soothing, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties.
This product only contains one ingredient and that is pure mugwort extract (Artemisia Princeps Extract 100%), which has gone through a fermentation process. The mugwort is sourced from the Korean island, Gangwha. This product is rated as 100% safe to use.
Does not contain one of the following: silicon, steroids, artificial coloring, artificial fragrance.
NOTE: This is not listed as one of the ingredients, but this essence also contains water. Most likely this product also contains preservatives and solvent.
3. Texture & Smell
This products is very watery and has a mugwort herbal scent, which is very pleasant and not too strong. Personally I feel like this product is a bit less liquid than other mugwort essence products, like the Misha or Tony Moly Mugwort Essence.
4. Where To Buy
This product is widely available on different online K-beauty online hops including the following:
- Click here to buy product on Wishtrend
- Click here to buy product on YesStyle and get up to 10% off.
- Click here to buy product on iHerb and get 5% off.
- Click here to buy product on Amazon.
The best website to use really depends on where you are located and how much the shipping fee is to where you live.
The mugwort essence comes in a cardboard packaging. The design of the box is quite similar to the other I’m From products and has an earthy feel to it. The box is very sturdy. Inside the box is a glass bottle with a screw on cap. The bottle has the same green colour as the cardboard packaging. If you unscrew the cap, there’s an extra protection lid to prevent the bottle from leaking.
This product only comes in 160 ml.
6. Personal Review
The past 4 months I had been using the Tony Moly Mugwort Essence and as I finished the bottle, I decided to get a new Mugwort Essence from another brand. The I’m From Mugwort Essence is very highly rated, so that’s why I decided to give this one a try.
Mugwort products have been really good for my skin as it is super hydrating and soothing. I absolutely love applying it to my skin as it instantly starts feeling better if it’s a bit irritated or red.
Most people only use this product in the evening but I use this essence both in the morning and in the evening. I just love how hydrating this product is. The only downside of this product is that it’s a bit pricey.
How To Use I’m From Mugwort Essence
Start off by cleansing your skin and apply a toner using a cotton pad. Use a decent amount of mugwort essence and pat it all over your face (don’t forget your neck and throat). I always use a cotton pad to apply the mugwort essence as it makes it much easier to equally distribute. You can also apply it with your hands, if you don’t want to loose too much essence in the process. Put light pressure when apply to make the essence absorbs fully.
TIP: If your skin is feeling dryer than usual, soak some cotton pads in this mugwort essence and put it on the dry areas of the your skin for about 5 minutes.
Other I’m From Products
Listed below are some other excellent I’m From Products.
- Honey Mask – This is probably the most popular I’m From mask. It is a wash-off mask that contains honey and is deeply moisturizing. Click here for a full I’m From Honey Mask Review.
- Mugwort Sheet Mask – A mugwort soaked facial mask that will moisturize and soothe the skin. Click here for more info.
- Mugwort Mask – The wash-off mugwort mask has similar properties as the other mugwort products as it soothes and moisturizes the skin. Click here for more info.
- Skin Detox Package – This set contains all the 5 I’m From mugwort products. If you buy the set, you’ll get 30% off. Click here for more info.
- Mugwort Cream – Use this cream as a moisturizer to restore the health and soft feeling of your skin. Click here for more info.
- 2 Step Mugwort Calming Set – This 2 step set contains the mugwort essence and the mugwort cream. You get 10% off when buying this set. Click here for more info.
- Mugwort Spot Gel – This spot gel has a similar effect as the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream and is meant to be applied to the most sensitive areas. Click here for more info.
- 3 Step Mugwort Special Care Set – This set does not contain the I’m From Mugwort Essence but contains the mugwort masks (sheet masks & wash-off) and the mugwort spot cream. Click here for more info.
- 3 Step Rejuvenating Set – Again, this set does not contain the mugwort essence but contains 3 other exciting products. The Rice Toner, Ginseng Serum and Mugwort Cream. Click here for more info.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many benefits to using the mugwort essence as it has soothing, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties.
In this I’m from Mugwort Essence review you’ll find an in depth breakdown on how to use this product, but basically you put a couple of drop on your hand or a cotton pad and then spread it all over over your face, neck and throat.