Best Korean Products For Acne Scars
There is nothing worse than suffering from acne and the also having acne-scars. You probably have tried many different things to fight the acne and hope that the acne scars will disappear. Luckily there are quite a few things you can, including trying Korean skincare products to reduce those acne scars. Keep on reading for the best Korean products for acne scars.
Any Questions? Join our the Korea Skincare & Beauty Facebook Group here! Ask any questions you have, connect with fellow beauty enthusiasts and learn more about Korean skincare & beauty.
- Best Ingredients To Heal Acne Scars
- What Are Acne Scars?
- Best Korean Products For Acne Scars
- Final Verdict Best Korean Products For Acne Scars
- Korean Skincare Routine For Acne Scars
- Other Ways to Take Care of Acne And Acne Scars
- Korean Home Remedies For Acne & Ance Scars
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Ingredients To Heal Acne Scars
When looking for a good Korean product to treat acne scars, you need to find one with the right ingredients. Each Korean skincare for acne works in different ways, so you might have to try out a few products before finding the right one. Some products kill the bacteria that cause acne, while other products remove excess oil from the skin and other Korean acne products are a combination of those two.
Listed below are some good ingredients to look out for in a product:
- Benzoyl peroxide – Kills bacteria and removes excess oil from the skin.
- Salicylic acid – This product prevents the pores from clogging.
- Alpha hydroxy acids – This products helps remove the dead skin cells and reduce inflammation. It also encourages the skin to grow new and smoother skin.
- Sulfur – Removes excessive oil and dead skin cells.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C has quite a few advantages for the skin. It prevents active breakouts and increases the collagen production. It also has a brightening effect that can reduce the appearance of scars.
What Are Acne Scars?
Acne scars can be caused by severe acne outbreaks. The skin can break due to inflamed blemishes that are filled with excess oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. If the outbreak is severe, the skin usually doesn’t fully repair and isn’t as flawless as the original look of the skin.
There are two types of acne scars:
- Keloid acne scarring – Caused when the body produces too much collagen when the acne scars are healing, which can result in raised tissue.
- Depressed acne scarring – These are small holes in the skin which are a result of a loss of tissue.
Best Korean Products For Acne Scars
Listed below are some of the best Korean products for acne scars. This is not an exclusive list and there are of course many other Korean acne scar removal products which can help improve your skin. All the products listed below can be bought from one of the many online Korean skin care shops.
NOTE: If non-invasive Korean skincare products are not helping with your acne and acne scars, consider having a Korean acne treatment like Exosome or Infini Laser.
1. Correcting Post Acne Pigmentation Clearing Kit
This is not one specific product but this is a whole kit of all different products from different brands that help battle acne and acne scars. With all these products you can start your own Korean skin care routine for acne. If you look at the reviews, you’ll see that many users gave this kit high ratings and that it really reduces the acne scars.
- I’m from Rice Toner
- Klairs Toner Mate 2 in 1 Cotton Pad
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E Mask
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream 60ml
- Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence SPF 50 PA ++++
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Tencel Sheet Mask
- By Wishtrend Clear Skin Shield Patch
2. Step by Step Acne Self Care Box
This is again another acne set that contains a set of products which battle pimples and acne scars. The set contains products By Wishtrend, I’m From and Klairs. Apart from minimizing the scars it also boosts the skin tone and makes it glow. All products are cruelty-free Korean products.
Products included in this set are:
- By Wishtrend Acid-Duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser
- I’m From Mugwort Essence
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
- I’m From Vitamin Tree Water Gel
- By Wishtrend Sulfur 3% Clean Gel
- By Wishtrend Clear Shield Patch
NOTE: These are some of the best Korean products for severe acne.
3. Some By Mi, AHA. BHA. PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner
This toner is one of the best Korean products you can use for acne scars. Not only does it combat acne and treat acne scars, it also removes the dead skin cells, removes excessive sebum and prevent moisture loss. It is suitable for all skin types but especially for sensitive and acne-prone skin.
4. Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream
This excellent products contains snail mucin and bee venom which work together to heal skin damage, promote collagen production, brightens the skin and moisturizes. Many users have highly rated this product and say it really helps improve the acne scars and brightens up the skin.
NOTE: this is one of the best Korean products for pitted acne scars
5. COSRX AC Collection Ultimate Spot Cream
Like the name of the cream says it, this is a Korean acne spot treatment cream that battles with acne by quickly absorbing the sebum. On top of reducing the acne and prevent scarring, this cream also soothes the skin as it contains aloe vera leaf water and centella asiatica extracts. This is a vegan skincare product and is an excellent Korean skin care for acne.
6. COSRX Centella Blemish Cream
In contrast with the COSRX product mentioned above, this one works as an after-care for acne breakouts and fades the acne scars. After using this product for a couple of days, most users noticed that the redness of their scars was reduced. This product is completely vegan. This is one of the best Korean skincare for acne as it has received many positive reviews.
Final Verdict Best Korean Products For Acne Scars
It’s hard to say which is the best product of all those listed above as that really depends on you skin type (dry, oily, combination). You might have to try a couple of different products before you find one that really works for you.
It is also possible that you need to start using a combination of the products mentioned above or get one of the sets.
If you acne still doesn’t disappear and if your acne scars are not getting better, you might want to consider visiting a dermatologist or get a proper Korean acne treatment in one of the many beauty clinics of Seoul.
Korean Skincare Routine For Acne Scars
Below is an example Korean skincare routine to treat acne scars. The main goal of your skincare night routine is to heal and fade scars, remove excess sebum and prevent further acne outbreak.
Step 1: Remove Impurities Using A Toner
After washing your face with a cleansing oil or cleansing foam, you want to clean your face using a toner. This will remove any impurities and make your skin ready to be treated with all your other skincare products.
Step 2: Use A Serum To Fade The Acne Scars
Once your skin is clean, you can start applying products which will help fade the acne scars. Here you might want to use a Vitamin C serum.
Step 3: Moisturize Your Skin By Using Acne Scar Treatment Serum
After applying your first serum to fade the acne scars, you want to apply an essence or other serum to fades the acne scars, moisturize and brightens the skin. This will add an external layer to protect your skin against external factors.
Step 4: Add Another Moisturizing Layer
Now that you have targeted fading the acne scars, it’s time to add a full moisturizing layer. As you probably have troubled skin, you want to be sure to use a good Korean moisturizer for oily skin and acne-prone skin.
Step 5: Finish Off With A Soothing Cream
This is an optional step you can take if your skin is really irritated and red.
NOTE: If you are doing your Korean skincare routine for acne scars in the morning, don’t forget to add sunscreen as a final layer.
Other Ways to Take Care of Acne And Acne Scars
There are some other ways of taking care of acne scars if you feel like the skincare products are not working. Listed below is an overview of all the other Korean acne procedures you could do:
- Dermabrasion – Using a high-speed brush to remove the top layer of the skin and reduce the deepness of the scars. This takes up to 3 weeks to heal.
- Microdermabrasion – Similar to dermabrasion, but instead of a high-speed brush, the dermatologist uses a handheld tool to scrape of the top layer of the skin.
- Chemical peel – A chemical solution is applied to the skin and removes the top layer.
- Laser – Laser is the most effective procedures for acne scars, since with laser, the outer layer of the skin is removed. These lasers are specifically popular in Korea for scar, pore, rosacea laser treatment: Fraxel, Genesis, Pico, Potenza, Lasemed, V-Beam lasers, etc.
All these skin procedures kinda do the same and have similar healing times. Getting a facial laser treatment is one of the most popular Korean acne scar treatments. If you visit Korea for travelling without understanding Korean language, there are some concierge services you can use with affordable translation fee, for your skin procedures.
Korean Home Remedies For Acne & Ance Scars
If you don’t just want to use Korean skincare for acne scars, here are some Korean home remedies you can try.
- Wash your face with rice water
- Give yourself a facial massage
- Drink barley tea
- Hang some damp towels in your bedroom or use a humidifier
Frequently Asked Questions
There are quite a few Korean products you can use to treat your acne scars like the Benton Snail Cream or the CosRX Spot Cream.
This really depends on how serious the scarring is but most people have said it takes a couple of weeks before seeing improvement.