Category: Seoul Travel Blog
A Seoul Travel Blog: The Best Places To Visit In Seoul
On this Seoul Travel Blog you’ll find all the best places to visit, stay and eat in the capital of South Korea. Seoul has a lot to offer when it comes to tourism, but what is now really worth it? This travel guide will help you in finding unique and must go places.
Things To Know When Coming To Seoul
• What To Wear In Seoul – South Korea and Seoul have very extreme seasons, from -20°C in winter to +40°C during summer. Make sure to pack the right clothes for the right season.
• Seoul Power Adapter – Make sure to bring the right travel adapter when coming to Seoul, as there is nothing worse than being unable to charge your electric devices.
• Tipping Culture – Tipping in South Korea is not a thing and might be rejected in many cases.
• Seoul Luggage Storage – Arriving early in the morning and can’t get to your hotel until later? Leave your luggage at one of the luggage storage points in Hongdae, Myeongdong or Seoul Station.
• How to go from Incheon Airport to Seoul Station – Full guide on how to go from the Airport to Seoul Station using public transportation or taxi.
• How to go from Incheon Airport to Myeongdong – Another full travel guide on how to go to Myeongdong from Incheon Airport.
• How to go to Bukchon Hanok Village – Want to go to Bukchon hanok village? Use our guide which tells you how to get there.
• How to go to Namsan Tower – Hiking, by bus or cable car? Those are all different ways of going to Namsan Tower! Read our full guide now!
• How to use the Seoul Public Transport – This massive post covers everything you need to know about using Seoul public transport.
• How to go from Incheon Airport to Gimpo Airport – Need to transfer airports? This guide covers all you need to know about changing airports.
• Getting from Incheon Airport to Hongdae Station – Are you staying in the bustling Hongdae and need to get there from Incheon Airport? Then go check out our full transportation guide.
Seoul Travel Blog: Myeongdong
Myeongdong is the place to be. It is the most central area of Seoul and is filled with restaurants, hotels and shops. Below is a list of all the best things to do in Myeongdong. More info on this Myeongdong blog.
• Incheon to Myeongdong – Myeongdong is easily accessible from Incheon and Gimpo airport by bus, train, subway and taxi.
• Things To Do In Myeongdong – This vibrant area of Seoul is famous for its shopping and street food, but there is so much more to Myeongdong. From photoshoots, to a shooting range, massages and spas.
• Myeongdong Night Market – One of the best things to do in Myeongdong is to experience the night market. At Myeongdong street food market you’ll find the best Korean street food, from tteopbokki to ppopgi, odeng and dumplings.
• What To Eat In Myeongdong – Not only is Myeongdong great for the night market, but there is an abundance of amazing restaurants with foreign and Korean food.
Seoul Travel Blog: Seasonal Guide
• Seoul In Spring – Spring is an amazing season to visit Seoul, especially during the cherry blossom period. Enjoy the beautiful colours of Seoul at the many flower festival and eat seasonal snacks.
• Seoul In Autumn – Another great season to visit Seoul is in autumn, no flowers this time but stunning golden autumn leaves at the many parks and in the streets.
• Seoul In February – February is usually a very slow month for tourism in Korea. It is still quite cold and there aren’t many special festivals or events. This guide covers all the best indoor and outdoor things to do during February in Seoul.
• Does It Snow In Seoul? – Do you want to visit Seoul when it snows? Carefully plan your trip to Korea to enjoy the little bit of snowfall the country gets.
Seoul Blog Itinerary
• 1 Day In Seoul Itinerary: Guide on the best itinerary when only one day in Seoul using the Discover Seoul Pass.
• 4 Days In Seoul Itinerary: Itinerary guide to spending 4 days in Seoul. More info here.
• 5 Days In Seoul Itinerary: Looking to stay in Seoul for about 4 or 5 days, then check out this Seoul Itinerary guide.
• 7 Days In Seoul Itinerary: Full guide to the best things to do when staying in Seoul for 7 days. More info here.
Seoul Travel Blog: Other Travel Guides
Seoul has many tourist attractions all around the city, one better than the other, depending on what your personal interests are!
• Hangang River Cruise – The Han River which crosses through Seoul is an iconic river dividing the traditional and historic center with the Gangnam area. The best way to enjoy the river is by taking a cruise, preferably by night. Read more info here.
• Visit Itaewon – Itaewon is considered as being the foreigner district of Seoul, with many great foreign food restaurants and small foreigner communities. It is also an area filled with bars and clubs, the perfect area for a night of fun. Read more info here.
• Go to a traditional market and join a food tour – Taking a food tour with a local food guide is the best way to experience Seoul’s food culture in one of the many traditional markets. Read more info here.
• Instagrammable places – The historic center in Seoul is filled with palaces, hanok villages, temples, street food markets and much more. In a lot of these places you can take the perfect Instagram picture.
• Unique things to do – Seoul has many quirky places to visit and things to do off the beaten track. More info here.
• Visit Gangbuk-Gu – This is an area in the north of Seoul that has many sites related to the April Revolution. More info here.
• New Year’s Eve – Are you staying in Seoul during New Year’s Eve and want to go to a party or watch the fireworks? We have you covered.
Do not hesitate to contact me regarding questions about your stay in Seoul.
Latest Seoul Blog Posts:
See below the latest blog post published about travelling in Seoul.
The thing that makes Seoul and the rest of the country so attractive is the many preserved Hanok buildings and villages. When visiting South Korea, you need to go on a mini trip back in...
When moving to a new country for work, selecting the right international school in Seoul or the rest of Korea is a major decision. There is a wide range of international or foreign schools...
The North of Seoul is often forgotten when talking about tourist destinations, but has actually quite a lot of stunning sites which could interest foreigners. The Dream Forest, Hwagyesa Temple, the Modern history memorial...
Want to find the best Seoul Soondubu? Looking for a popular Korean restaurant chain? Like to try Korean soft tofu stew? Tofu is known all over the world as healthy, vegan friendly well being...
What are unique things to do in Seoul? Don’t want to go to the mainstream places to visit in Seoul? Looking for Seoul tourist attractions that are quirky or unusual? Where are the fun things...