The Gyeongju Teddy Bear Museum
The Gyeongju Teddy Bear Museum is a unique experience that brings back your best childhood memories. The museum uses the cutest teddy bears to display world history, mainly focused on the dinosaurs and Gyeongju, the way it was during the Silla Dynasty. This museum is a great place to go when travelling with kids.
Things To Know When Planning A Trip To Gyeongju
- What To Pack For Gyeongju – Be sure to pack the right things when coming to Gyeongju by using this Korea packing list.
- Travel Adapters – Bring the right travel adapter when coming to Gyeongju, so all your electrical devices stay charged. Find out more about travel converters here.
- Korea Itineraries – Prepare the best Korea itinerary, so you won’t miss out during your time in Gyeongju and the rest of South Korea.
- Gyeonju Hop-on Hop-off – Purchase tickets to the Gyeongju city bus that brings you to all the best places of the city. Check more info here.
- Transportation Card – Going to the Gyeongju Teddy Bear Museum by bus, the make sure to purchase a T Money bus card. Buy card here.
- Foreigner Discounts – Save money during your trip in Korea by purchasing entrance tickets and activities online in advance. The best websites to check out are Trazy or Klook.
- How To Get To Gyeongju – Going from Seoul, Busan, Daegu or other cities is very easy by KTX or express bus. Check more info on getting to Gyeongju here.
- 4G Internet – Stay connected while in Korea. 4G WiFi egg can be rented at the airport upon arrival. Check more info here.
What To Expect In The Teddy Bear Museum
In the teddy museum you will follow the adventures of a professor Teddy Bear Monty and his family an their quest through history. As the professor created a time machine, but evil bandits are chasing him to steal his invention. The teddy bears travel to the dinosaur era, the legend under the sea, the Silla Dynasty and many more. Many famous Ocean legends are displayed on the Exploration of the Ocean Floor. Our favourite legend is the story of the Mermaid that fell in love at first sight with a human prince.
After visiting the dinosaurs and the Ocean legends it’s time to take the time machine to the Silla Era. Here we see miniatures of Gyeongju’s most famous historic sites. Namely Seokguram Grotto, Cheomseongdae Observatory, Anapji Pond and Bulguksa Temple, which are some of the best places to visit in Gyeongju.
The museum has many old, beautiful teddy bears. The name teddy bear comes from the American President Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt. The story goes that the president went on a bear shooting trip, but after a long day, hadn’t managed to shoot a single bear. Out of pity one of the staff members caught a baby bear cub and attached it to a tree. But the President refused, he couldn’t shoot the baby bear.
The museum owns one of the oldest and most expensive teddy bears in the world. The Black Jack, a German bear made in 1912, sold for 37 million won. The other exciting parts of the museum are the 3D animated video and the bear art gallery. Where famous statues and paintings have bear faces.
How To Get To The Gyeongju Teddy Bear Museum
Gyeongju’s teddy bear museum is located next to Bomun Lake. There is a big free parking next to the museum. Your visit will last for approximately 1,5h and is suitable for Adults and young children. You can take bus 10 from Gyeongju express terminal and get off at the Dream Center bus stop, it takes around 25 minutes from downtown and costs 1700 won per person.
Teddy Bear Museum Info
Prices: Adults 10,000 won / Teenagers 7,000 won / Children 6,000 won
Opening Times: Daily 10:00-19:00
Address: 280-34, Bomun-ro, Gyeongju-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do