Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream Review
The Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream has gotten very positive reviews over the past years. Its calming and soothing properties are what make this product so popular. For people with irritated skin, it’s really hard to find effective products that don’t cause additional outbreak or redness. If you suffer from irritated skin, you might want to give this Klairs product a try. Read on for my full Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream review.
- About The Brand Klairs
- Why Use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream?
- Pros & Cons
- Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream Review
- How To Use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
- Other Klairs Products
- Other Ways To Calm The Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions
About The Brand Klairs
Klairs is a popular Korean skincare brand that is known for its calming and soothing products which can be used by people with sensitive skin. All Klairs products are completely vegan and cruelty-free.
I personally love all the Klairs products and use them on a daily basis. These products are suitable for people with all kinds of skin types but are especially targeted towards those with sensitive skin and vegans.
The product also goes by the name dear Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream.
Any Questions? Join our the Korea Skincare & Beauty Facebook Group here! Ask any questions you have, connect with fellow beauty enthusiasts and learn more about Korean skincare & beauty.
Why Use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream?
Calming creams or soothing creams have as main purpose to calm or sooth irritated skin. Especially the redness, itchiness or inflammation. There are many different reasons why your skin might be irritated but most commonly this is caused by a skin disorder (like acne). The most common skin disorders are rosacea, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and contact dermatitis (allergic reactions).
A calming cream like this one from Klairs can help calm your skin down and relieve redness. If this cream doesn’t help, you might want to visit a dermatologist, to see if you have no other underlying conditions.
Pros & Cons
Listed below are the pros and cons of the Klairs Blue Calming Cream, more details about the product can be found below.
- Has a calming and soothing effect on sensitive skin
- Relieves redness
- Excellent cream to use after hair removal (for men and women)
- Suitable for all skin types
- A bit pricey for its size
- Not moisturizing enough to be the final cream
Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream Review
You can find a full and detailed Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream review below.
The main purpose of this cream is to soothe the skin and reduce irritation, redness and inflammation. It comes in 2 sizes (30 ml and 60 ml) and can be used on a daily basis.
Use this cream:
- On sun burnt areas
- After shaving to prevent inflammation
- On red and irritated skin
It is highly recommended to use this cream together with the Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop by Klairs.
This product contains a lot of important ingredients which help to soothe the skin. The blue cream does not contain any of the following: ethanol, silicon oil, artificial, colouring and artificial fragrance. All the ingredients are marked as safe, but some ingredients are marked as ‘bad for oily skin’.
As there are a long list of important ingredients, I’ll provide a breakdown of the most noteworthy ingredients.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Hydrating, promotes wound healing and is good for dry skin.
- Centella Asiatica Extract: This extract helps soothe the skin and promotes wound healing.
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter: Extracted from an African nut and helps contain anti-oxidants. Note: this might trigger fungal acne.
- Ceramide 3: A commonly used moisturizing ingredient.
- Guaiazulene (0.03%): The blue colour of this cream comes from Guaiazulene (derived from chamomile oil), which is the star ingredient of this Klairs Calming Cream. Note: the Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop uses this exact same ingredient as well.
Other Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream Ingredients
Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Ceramide NP, Polysorbate 60, Candelilla Cera, Chlorphenesin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Morus Alba Root Extract, Tromethamine, Brassica Oleracea Italica (Broccoli) Extract, Guaiazulene, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Lecithin, Acetyl Glutamine, sh-Oligopeptide-1, sh-Oligopeptide-2, sh-Polypeptide-1, sh-Polypeptide-9, sh-Polypeptide-11, Bacillus/Soybean/Folic Acid Ferment Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol.
Click here to check the ingredients of the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream Cosdna.
NOTE: On Cosdna it says that many ingredients are fungal acne triggers or irritation triggering ingredients. Keep in mind that a product is a result of how all the different ingredients react with each other. It is possible that a certain ingredient would trigger acne when used on its own, but doesn’t when combined with certain other ingredients. If you are worried about it causing acne, apply just a bit on a small area of your face.
3. Texture & Smell
The texture of this blue cream is so incredibly smooth. It is extremely easy to spread and feels very pleasant. You only need a very small amount to cover a big area. Once the cream is fully absorbed, it kinda creates a protective layer but doesn’t feel sticky or oily. As the colour of the cream is blue it looks kinda similar to those light blue lotions from brands like Dolce&Gabbana.
Unlike many other Klairs products, this products has a bit of scent. Kinda floral (maybe lavender?) and herbal, but nothing too strong. I really don’t like when products are too fragranced, but this blue cream for red skin has just the perfect balance.
4. Where To Buy
As this product is quite popular it can be bought in many different online shops. Note that this product comes in 2 different sizes, you can get the Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream 60ml or 30ml. The price difference between the two different sizes is actually really small.
Click here to buy Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream on Wishtrend and get 10% off.
Click here to buy Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream on iHerb and get 5% off.
Click here to buy Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream on YesStyle and get 10% off.
Click here to buy Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream on Amazon.
You can also buy the product in Åland in Myeongdong or other stores around Seoul.
Like every Klairs product, the packaging is quite simple. It looks exactly the same as the packaging from the Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop. One side of the box has the explanation in English while the other side has it in Korean.
What’s inside the box depends on the product size you picked. If you bought the 30 ml blue cream, then it comes in a small jar, but if you picked the 60 ml product, then it comes in a tube.
6. Personal Review
It probably comes as no surprise, but I absolutely love this product! I love how smooth this cream is and how much it soothes my skin. I use this cream on a daily basis but only put it on at night. My skin gets quite irritated during the day and can feel very hot and have a lot of redness at night.
I usually put this on just after putting a serum or essence and before my main night moisturizer. This cream is really great to reduce redness on certain areas of the face, but it is not moisturizing enough to be used as the final cream.
How To Use Klairs Midnight Blue Calming Cream
Using this cream is pretty straightforward. Go through your whole evening skincare routine and just before using your night moisturizer, apply this blue cream to the desired areas. You can really lay it on thick. Wait a couple of minutes before applying your night cream.
Other Klairs Products
It is highly recommended to combine this cream with other products in your skincare routine. Listed below are some other good Klairs products which can be added to your morning or evening routine.
- Klairs Soft Airy UV Essence – A very soft and moisturizing sunscreen which can be used as a daily sunscreen. Click here for more info and prices.
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream – This is another products from Klairs which is meant to sooth the skin. Click here for more info and prices.
- Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner – Use this super hydrating and soothing toner in your morning and evening routine.
Other Ways To Calm The Skin
Apart from using cream, there are other ways to soothe and calm the skin.
- Drink enough water – Water helps hydrate the skin and prevents dehydration.
- Change your diet – Have a look at your diet and see what you could change to make your skin healthier.
- Sleep enough – Are you getting enough sleep? Sleeping 7 – 9 hours is vital to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay active – Maybe you are not sweating enough? When sweating, your pores open up and release the build up inside them.
Frequently Asked Questions
This cream is not moisturizing enough to be used on the whole face. Apply it on the desired areas and afterwards apply a moisturizer on the rest of your face.
This depends on the size you buy (30ml and 60ml) and on how much irritated skin you have. But a 30 ml jar should last at least 6 months if you apply it on a daily basis.