Best Korean Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Using a good moisturizer is essential in our skin care routine. Whether you have dry, oily or combination skin, you want to find the perfect moisturizer for your skin type. This beauty article you will guide you to find the best Korean moisturizer for dry skin.
Any Questions? Join our the Korea Skincare & Beauty Facebook Group here! Ask any questions you have, connect with fellow beauty enthusiasts and learn more about Korean skincare & beauty.
- Best Ingredients in Moisturizers for Dry Skin
- What Is Dry Skin And How Do We Get Dry Skin?
- Best Korean Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- Final Verdict Best Korean Moisturizer for Dry Skin
- How to Use Korean Face Moisturizer For Dry Skin
- Other Korean Products for Dry Skin
- Korean Skincare Routine For Dry Skin
- Other Ways to Take Care of Dry Skin
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Ingredients in Moisturizers for Dry Skin
Picking the right moisturizer for dry skin is all about the ingredients. The most important thing is that the product is made with high quality ingredients and suits your skin condition. Moisturizers for dry skin types are generally a bit thicker in consistency and are cream-based.
Pick a moisturizer which has some of the ingredients listed below:
- Antioxidants – Examples of excellent antioxidants are green tea extract, superoxide dismutase, grape extract, vitamin C, vitamin E, epigallocatechin-3 gallate, ferulic acid, willow herb extract and feverfew extract.
- Hyaluronic acid – This is one of the most common ingredients used in moisturizers for dry skin.
- Ceramides – Ceramides help create a skin barrier and help skin retain moisture.
- Glycerin – Protects your skin from external factors and help skin retain moisture.
- Urea – Helps battle dryness and itchiness of the skin.
What Is Dry Skin And How Do We Get Dry Skin?
We all get dry skin once in a while as it is a pretty common condition. Some people have naturally dry skin, while others develop it from time to time. It can occur on any part of the body but is most common on our face, arms, legs and hands. Dry skin comes hand in hand with itchiness and cracking of the skin.
1. Causes Of Dry Skin
The most common cause of the dry skin is an environmental cause. Our skin tends to be drier during the winter when temperatures are low. Other causes include:
- Hot Water – If you take long baths or showers, this can result in dry skin. It is not only hot water as going swimming frequently can also cause dry skin due to the chlorine used in pool water.
- Heat – If the humidity is to low due to high central heating, stoves, heaters and fireplaces, our skin can start to dry out.
- Soap & Detergents – Many commercial soaps are made to remove oil from our skin, this can result in dry skin. Try to use soft soaps, shampoos, washing liquids, etc.
- Other – Other reasons for dry skin could be from medical conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Listed below are some of the best Korean moisturizers for dry skin. This is not an exclusive list as there are many more brands and products which are excellent against dry skin. It’s up to you to try out different moisturizers and decide which one is best for your skin. All products mentioned below can be purchased from Korean online beauty stores.
1. Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
The Klairs Soothing Cream is a perfect moisturizer for those with sensitive and dry skin. The ingredients contain yeast-derived beta glucan, glycerin, fruit extract and more moisturizing or soothing ingredients. This cream encourages the skin to repair cells, strengthens the protective layer and moisture barrier. This product is both vegan and cruelty-free.
2. Dr. Jart Ceramidin Liquid
This moisturizing is excellent for those with dry skin! The serum is powered by 5-cera complex which is a deep moisturizer that not only hydrates but also repairs the skin. This product is lightweight, soft and doubles as a liquid serum and a cream that battles dry skin.
The products isn’t sticky at all and makes your skin feel softer instantly. As the liquid contains ceramides, it restores your skin back to being healthy, soft and hydrated.
3. Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream
The Laneige Moisture Cream is a light cream that is rich in vegetable extracts which helps strengthening the moisture barrier and reduces itchiness or dry skin. The key ingredient is green mineral water which is extracted from all sorts of green vegetables including Brussel sprouts, artichoke, lima beans and more.
4. I’m From Honey Glow Cream
I’ve you been reading my reviews for a while you know I’m a fan of the Korean brand I’m From and the products sold on Wishtrend. I love how they use clean and high quality ingredients in their products.
The I’m From Honey Glow Cream contains 30.63% of Honey Complex ( a mixture of bee related ingredients). Due to this complex the cream is extremely hydrating and repairs distressed skin. Not only is the cream hydrating, it also has a brightening effect, improves elasticity and fine lines, is nutritious and strengthens the skin barrier. This is an excellent Korean cream for dry skin.
5. Missha Geum Sul Rejuvenating Cream
This cream is not only suitable for people with dry skin but also for people with all skin types. The Missha Geum Sul Rejuvenating Cream is a deep moisturizer, protects and rejuvenates the skin. This cream is a bit more expensive than the others mentioned in this list , this is due to the very high quality ingredients used in the cream. Missha is known for using wild ginseng, gold extract fermentation and other herbal extracts.
6. COSRX Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion
Like the name of the product says, this is a deep moisturizing cream. The key ingredient of this cream Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice, well know for its vibrant, hydrating and soothing effects. The cream is not too think, which makes it very easy to spread and make is not sticky. The product is non-toxic which makes it also a great under eye cream. Bonus: this cream is cruelty-free and vegan.
Final Verdict Best Korean Moisturizer for Dry Skin
Picking the right product really depends on your skin condition. You might have to try out a couple of different products before you find the right one for your skin. Here are some tips on picking the right product:
- If possible, do a patch test before buying the moisturizer.
- Is your skin both dry and sensitive? Pick a cream which is soothing and does not contain any acids, fragrances or dyes.
- Do you have a favourite Korean brand you trust and that you know is right for your skin? Try their moisturizing creams first.
If you have really dry skin, you might want to combine your moisturizer with other skin care products like serums, essence or ampoules.
How to Use Korean Face Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Here are some tips for using the your moisturizer the right way:
- Apply your moisturizer just after taking a shower or a bath when your skin is still a bit damp.
- Don’t apply too much cream. Apply just enough cream to cover your face, any excess in cream won’t be absorbed and will be washed off.
- When applying the cream, do it by lightly tapping the cream on your skin instead of rubbing. This will reduce the irritation.
- Give it time to settle in. If you will put other skin care products, make up or sunscreen on top of your moisturizer, give the skin enough time to absorb the product.
- Use your moisturizer at least twice a day. Once in the morning and once before going to sleep.
- If your skin is parched or really dry, you can occasionally mix oils (jojoba or rosehip) into your moisturizer.
K-beauty products are ideal for battling dryness as most Korean products are relatively cheap compared to products from non-Korean brands.
Other Korean Products for Dry Skin
Apart from moisturizers, there are many other Korean skin care products you can use against dry skin. You can use these on their own or together with a moisturizer.
- Cell Fusion C Laser Sunscreen – This is my all time favourite product! I love all Cell Fusion C products and especially this sunscreen. The sunscreen is protecting you against the sun and is a moisturizer. Click here to find more info and prices.
- Belif Hungarian Water Essence – Combine this essence with a moisturizer. The key ingredients are rosemary, lavender and sage which increase your skin’s hydration levels instantly. Click here to find more info and prices.
Korean Skincare Routine For Dry Skin
If you want to go all the way and go for the full Korean skincare routine for dry skin you can try the following.
- Oil cleanser
- Foam/cream cleanser
- Sheet Mask
- Eye Cream
Other Ways to Take Care of Dry Skin
Apart from using moisturizers or other Korean skincare products, there are some other ways of taking care of dry skin. Listed below are some natural remedies to help reduce dryness:
- Don’t take long, hot showers – Hot water removes oils from our skin. If you are going to take a shower, try to stay maximum 5 – 10 minutes in the shower or bath.
- Humidifier – As dry skin can be caused by dry air, use a humidifier in the house.
- Water – Increase the amount of water you are drinking.
- Cotton – If your arms and legs are dry or itchy, this may be cause by the fabrics you are wearing. Avoid wearing synthetics or wool and try to stick to cotton or other natural fibers.
- Omega 3 – Omega 3 rich food or omega 3 pills can help your skin to strengthen the barriers. Foods rich in omega-3 are fish, nuts, safflower oils, etc.
- Medical Condition – If the dryness doesn’t disappear over time, you might have an underlying medical condition. Visit a skin doctor if this is the case.
Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure the moisturizer you pick has at least one of the following ingredients: antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, glycerin and urea.
When looking for a new moisturizer, you might have to try a couple of products before finding the right one for your skin. Start by looking at the ingredients and pick from a trusted brand.