Best Korean Moisturizer For Combination Skin
Combination skin is perhaps one of the most common skin types. Since combination skin is a tricky type, coming up with the right skincare can be frustrating. After all, you have to care for two opposite skin types at once. Oily or dry skin can be a challenge to deal with even on their own. Read on to find out more about the best Korean moisturizer for combination skin on this Korean beauty blog.
When it comes to skincare there are 3 basic steps and keeping your skin well hydrated is one of them. But finding the right moisturizer for combination skin can require a bit of a search. Here we have gathered some information on the best Korean moisturizers for combination skin! If you are living outside Korea, then these products can be bought online. If in Korea, head to Myeongdong shopping street.
- Best Ingredients in Moisturizers for Combination Skin
- What Is Combination Skin?
- Best Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin
- Final Verdict Best Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin
- How to Use Korean Moisturizers for Combination Skin
- Other Korean Skin Care Products for Combination Skin
- Other Ways to Take Care of Combination Skin
Best Ingredients in Moisturizers for Combination Skin
Not every moisturizer is made equal and each skin type requires different skincare ingredients to optimize its effects. If you have combination skin the ideal skin care products should not intensify the oiliness of the T-zone but at the same time manage to keep the dry parts well-hydrated.
That doesn’t mean all hope is lost. When looking for the best Korean moisturizer for combination skin keep your eyes open for products that contain a mix of ingredients that help mattify your skin and oil-free hydrators.
Mattifying ingredients are important because they help control the oil on your skin. Including:
- Salicylic acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA). It’s an oil-soluble ingredient that gets absorbed into the skin pores and breaks down the oil. Its bonus effect is that it helps well with keeping the oily parts of the combination skin acne free.
- Silica is a natural ingredient very commonly found on earth. It can absorb excess oil from the skin and help keep a matt look. On top of that, it acts as an anti-caking agent.
- Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3, reduces sebum. It can also help reduce skin inflammation.
Oil-free hydrators will keep the dry parts of your skin moisturized. Including:
- Glycerin is a commonly used ingredient in skincare products. It can attract moisture from the air and trap it so to keep the skin hydrated. It spreads even and smoothes over the skin. But since it absorbs moisture you might want to try to avoid using products with high levels of glycerin if you live in a very dry area.
- Hyaluronic acid is a popular ingredient which holds onto water very well and makes the skin look firm. It is a magic ingredient naturally found in our skin. It is what gives the skin a plump look.
- Aloe is a natural plant-based humectant. It has been historically used for skincare. It can also help soothe the irritated skin.
What Is Combination Skin?
If parts of your face are dry and parts are oily you probably have combination skin type. Usually, the T-zone which contains forehead, nose, and chin tends to be oily. It is a very common skin type between the ages of 20-30.
If you have combination skin you probably dread having acne break outs while other parts of your skin look dry. To add insult to the injury anti-acne products tend to further dry the skin which worsens the problem. But since dry skin itself can aggravate acne keeping the skin well moisturized becomes even more important. Caring for combination skin can be difficult since you need to tend to two types of skin. But finding the best Korean moisturizer for combination skin can be a great relief.
Best Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin
If you’re interested in finding the best Korean moisturizer for combination skin, we have compiled a list to help you find the product that is right for you:
1. Innisfree Balancing Cream With Green Tea
Our first choice is a hydrating cream that contains Jeju green tea extract. It absorbs well and will help keep your skin’s moisture balance. Hailing from Jeju Island, Innisfree is a brand that is known for its natural products. Their green tea line is one of their most popular lines. You might want to check out their Green Tea serum as well. Find more info here.
2. The Face Shop Chia Seed No Shine Hydrating Cream
The next cream we want to introduce is a non-greasy moisturizer. The Faceshop has summoned the power of the superfood Chia seeds for this product. This cream is a good way of hydrating both the drier and the oilier parts of your skin and it helps keep the T-zone stay shine free for longer. Since it absorbs sebum it can help control acne at the same time. Find more info here.
3. Belif The True Cream — Aqua Bomb
This magic cream is said to be suitable for normal, oily, and combination skin types. It’s lightweight and oil-free and helps keep the skin feel fresh on even the hottest summer days. The Aqua Bomb gives your skin what it needs to stay soft and well-hydrated. More info here.
4. Mamonde Rose Water Gel Cream
If you are a fan of Mamonde’s Rose Water products or just enjoy floral fragrances you might want to try this cream. The Rose Water Gel is a lightweight non-oily gel cream. Mamonde claims this fragrant cream can help soothe and hydrate all skin types. Check out the rest of their Rose Water line as well! Find more info here.
5. Nature Republic Aqua Super Aqua Max – Combination Watery
Next, we have a product that is exclusively made for the combination skin type. Nature Republic has released Super Aqua Max creams in 3 variations for different skin types and this one is tailored for combination skin. Combination Watery cream is filled with natural ingredients, including seawater and a variety of sea plants, that work well to hydrate the skin and lock in moisture. Find more info here.
6. It’s Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Cream
As we mentioned earlier Hyaluronic Acid is a natural magic ingredient that does wonders in keeping skin moisturized and firm. It is a great ingredient to look for in moisturizers for combination skin type and important for keeping the dry parts of your skin hydrated. Since it’s an oil-free product you can stay assured all the areas of your skin are being well taken care of.
The Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Cream will absorb easily into your skin and feels light. If you find it too light, use it with the other products from the same line. Find more info here.
Final Verdict Best Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin
While every combination skin has a mix of dry and oily skin, you would still want to find a product that suits you best. When purchasing a Korean Moisturizer for Combination Skin keep in mind that it should suit your skin and the climate of where you live.
If you live in a hot humid region it’s better to choose a lighter cream like the It’s Skin Hyaluronic Acid Moisture Cream. If you live in a cold or dry location you have more freedom of choice.
How to Use Korean Moisturizers for Combination Skin
Here are some tips on how to use your Korean moisturizer for combination skin:
- Sort the skincare products in your routine, including the moisturizer, from the lightest to the thickest.
- Before using any new product on your face apply it to the skin of your inner arm to make sure it won’t cause any reaction.
- Make sure the other items in your routine also match your skin type.
- When applying the cream try to pat it over all areas of your face rather than rubbing.
- Always use sunscreen when going out.
Other Korean Skin Care Products for Combination Skin
While for your daily moisturizer you want a product that best fits both dry and oily skin, you can also look into other products that can help deal with more specific situations. Listed below are the best Korean skin care products for combination skin.
- Moisturizing masks for dry areas such as Innisfree’s Vital Overnight Sleeping Mask With Aloe. You can leave it on overnight to maximize its effects. More info here.
- Oil absorbing clay masks for the oily areas such as Innisfree’s Volcanic Pore Clearing Clay Mask. More info here.
- Cleansing is important when it comes to combination skin. Use gentle cleansing products such as cleansing waters or Micellar waters. It’s important to get rid of oil without drying the other parts. Check out the Saem’s Healing Tea Garden Green Tea Cleansing Water. More info here.
- Blotting papers are great on the spot way of controlling oil. They are an absolute necessity on hot humid days. You can try Etude House’s Oil Control Paper Pact. More info here.
Other Ways to Take Care of Combination Skin
Apart from using the best Korean skin care products for combination skin, there are other things that can be done to care for combination skin.
- Regardless of your skin type always use a sunscreen.
- Make sure you do not over-cleanse. Over-cleansing will make the dry areas of skin drier and your skin will start overcompensating for the loss of its natural oils. This can make the oily part of the skin even oilier.
- Exfoliate once or twice a week.
- You can use two different types of moisturizers on the different areas of your face if using one product does not work well.
- Drink plenty of water to help keep your skin naturally hydrated.
What is your best Korean moisturizers for combination skin? Any suggestions on the best Korean serum for combination skin? Have any questions about the best Korean essence for combination skin? Let us know in the comment section below.
Written By Nahid Taheri