Review: Tony Moly Aloe Vera Gel |Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
Aloe is a popular plant often used for medicinal purposes. It is most used for treating skin injuries and therefore it comes as no surprise that many K Beauty brands are using this as one of the ingredients for their products. Today I’ll be reviewing the Tony Moly aloe vera gel which works as a soothing gel.
Reasons To Try Tony Moly Aloe Vera Gel
There are many reasons to start using this Tony Moly gel, apart from the many health benefits of aloe vera, these are the reasons I like to use this gel.
- Suitable for all skin types: aloe vera gel has a lightweight texture that won’t clog pores or leave your skin feeling greasy. As this product does not contain alcohol, it is great for all skin types including for sensitive skin. It can be used as a moisturizer for those with oily or acne prone skin, a soothing product for those with sensitive skin or as a night mask for those with combo skin.
- Cooling properties: this product is meant to sooth the skin and is great for burnt, cut or irritated skin. I normally use it in the morning on my legs and they instantly feel less irritated.
- Improve skin texture: when applying a layer every night before going to sleeps, this gel will improve the texture of your skin thanks to its vitamin-enriched formula.
- Excellent body moisturizer: this gel is the perfect alternative for greasy lotions and works as an excellent body moisturizer. After applying it doesn’t leave a sticky feeling.
- Price: it is cheaper than other aloe vera gels from Korean brands. Click here to check the price.
Any Questions? Join our the Korea Skincare & Beauty Facebook Group here! Ask any questions you have, connect with fellow beauty enthusiasts and learn more about Korean skincare & beauty.
Details Of Tony Moly Aloe Vera Gel
Listed below are all the details you need to know about the Tony Moly aloe vera soothing gel, including ingredients, texture and much more.
1. Full Name
Tony Moly Aloe 99% Chok Chok Soothing Gel
Aloe barbadensis leaf water (99%), carbomer, tromethamine, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil and fragrance. Doesn’t contain alcohol. Expiration date is around 3 years after bottling.
Compared to other Aloe gels from Korean brands, this one does not contain alcohol. If your skin is very sensitive you might not want to use skin care that contains alcohol.
As the name already gives away, this is a soothing gel, meant to moisturize and sooth sensitive skin. This is a great product to use when having sunburns, razor burns, acne, dry skin and more.
I usually have very sensitive dry skin, especially on my legs and this gel didn’t irritate my skin after use and the next day my skin fell less dry. Many skin products irritate my skin and I get allergic reactions, but not with this one. It’s nice to put on in the evening and wake up to soft skin in the morning.
The gel is perfectly clear and immediately starts to melt when it gets in contact with skin. Initially it’s quite vast and jelly-ish. It’s very easy to spread and doesn’t feel oily after use.
Surprisingly, the gel absorbs really well into the skin. You’ll immediately see results as after use your skin will feel nice and smooth. It is also really easy to spread. You just need a bit of gel to cover quite a bit of skin.
Very fresh! Initially I thought the gel had a cucumber scent, but maybe I am just not used to the smell of aloe. The smell isn’t too strong and after applying on arms and legs they smelled really nice for quite a while. But in a natural way, it didn’t have an artificial smell.
250 ml. The bottle is huge and should definitely last a couple of months as with only a bit of gel you’ll be able to cover quite a bit of skin. The tube is very easy to use, personally I like this better than the tubs of for example Nature Republic.
This probably depends on where you are living, but Ebay is always a good choice as it ships worldwide. Our favourite online Korean beauty shop to buy from is Beautihara. When using Ebay, make sure to buy only from trusted sellers.
If you are in Korea, then head to Myeongdong Shopping Street, here you’ll find the biggest Tony Moly shop.
Around $8 on Ebay before shipping. Aloe soothing gels from other brands like Nature Republic go for the same price. Click here for more info and latest prices.
9. Personal Rating
4/5. I like this product a lot, more than other aloe gels. Mainly because of the packaging, it’s in a tube so its very easy to use. Especially if you compare witht the aloe vera tub of Nature Republic where you have to scoop out the cream.
Additionally I easily get dry itchy skin on my legs and this gel has really helped to moisturize and sooth my skin which is now nice and soft instead of rough and flaky.