How Much Does Plastic Surgery Cost in Korea?
Known as a global hub for cosmetic procedures, Korea has gained a reputation for its advanced techniques, expert surgeons, and comprehensive aesthetic treatments. In this article, we will explore plastic surgery costs in Korea, providing valuable insights into the pricing dynamics and considerations for various individual needs. Whether you’re simply curious about the affordability of procedures or seeking to understand the surgical options available today, join us as we delve into the details of plastic surgery in Korea. Read on to learn more about how much does plastic surgery cost in Korea!
- Plastic Surgery in Korea
- Best Plastic Surgery Clinic in Korea
- How Much Does Plastic Surgery Cost inKorea
- 1. Cost of Double Eyelid Surgery in Korea
- 2. Cost of Ptosis Correction in Korea
- 3. Cost of Upper/Lower Blepharoplasty in Korea
- 4. Cost of Revision Plastic Surgery in Korea
- 5. Cost of Under Eye Fat Reposition in Korea
- 6. Cost of Liposuction in Korea
- 7. Cost of Hair Transplant in Korea
- 8. Cost of Rhinoplasty in Korea
- 9. Cost of Vision Correction in Korea
- Frequently Asked Questions
Plastic Surgery in Korea
Plastic surgery in Korea has gained international recognition since the start of the 21st century for its advanced techniques, innovative procedures, and beautiful results. The country has become a leading destination for locals and foreigners alike seeking various cosmetic enhancements, including facial reconstruction, body contouring, breast augmentation, and more.
Korea is also renowned for its cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities. Clinics and hospitals, particular in Seoul, are well equipped with the latest medical advancements, many of which the surgeons themselves have designed. These tools allow staff to perform procedures with precision, safety, and efficiency. Such advancements include 3D imaging, computer-assisted surgery, and minimally invasive techniques with limited scarring.
In addition, the high standard of education and rigorous training that Korean plastic surgeons undergo contributes to their expertise. It is not uncommon to meet a surgeon who specializes in a specific procedure. Many surgeons in Korea have extensive experience, multilingual skills, and are internationally recognized for their contributions to the field.
What’s more, clinics in Korea prioritize consultations, thorough evaluations, and open communication between the patient and surgeon. This includes meetings conducted in other languages such as English, Chinese, and Japanese. The country’s patient-centric approach ensures that individual goals and concerns are taken into account every step of the way.
However, as with any surgical procedure, there are potential risks to keep in mind. Thus, it is essential for those wishing to undergo plastic surgery to properly do their homework and consult a number of clinics before choosing the one best suited to their individual needs.
Overall, plastic surgery in Korea offers a combination of advanced techniques, skilled surgeons, a commitment to natural results, and a patient-centered approach. These factors have contributed to the country’s reputation as a global leader in cosmetic enhancements, attracting individuals for medical tourism from around the world.
Best Plastic Surgery Clinic in Korea
With the plastic surgery capital of the world located in the heart of Seoul, it can be overwhelming to know where to begin looking. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of our top clinics in Seoul.
1. THE PLUS Plastic Surgery Clinic: THE PLUS Plastic Surgery Clinic is a reputable and renowned clinic known for their surgeons, Dr.Jeong JaeYong, and Dr.Kim Taekkyun who are particularly famous for rhinoplasty in both in clinical and academical field. Boasting over a decade of expertise with a multitude of successful clinical outcomes, they are recognized in Korea and around the world. The continuos publication of research papers, books, and presentations at international academic conferences exemplifies THE PLUS’s relentless dedication to the field. Many doctors from many countries participate in the Webinar held by Dr.Jeong and Dr.Kim. With a team of highly skilled surgeons, THE PLUS aims to provide the best personalized solutions to help individuals achieve their desired aesthetic goals. Click here for more info about THE PLUS Plastic Surgery Clinic.
2. Made Young Plastic Surgery: Made Young Plastic Surgery Clinic is discreetly well-known among Koreans for creating youthful appearances. Prioritizing making people look younger has always been their focus, leading to high levels of patient satisfaction. Consequently, Made Young has become a sought-after destination for people who are seeking for facial rejuvenation procedures in Korea, living up to its name “Made Young”. At Made Young, safety is of paramount importance, forming the cornerstone of the clinic’s philosophy. Remarkably, the clinic staffs 4 in-house anesthesiologists while housing only 5 surgeons, an exceptional anesthesiologist-to-surgeon ratio in Korea. The clinic employs a resident specialist system, which guarantees the constant presence of anesthesiology and pain medicine specialists to closely monitor and manage the patient’s condition throughout each stage of surgery. This rigorous approach to potential complications demonstrates their unwavering commitment to patient care. Click here for more info about Made Young Plastic Surgery Clinic.
3. Seojin Plastic Surgery: Seojin Plastic Surgery Clinic excels in breast surgeries, encompassing a range of procedures from augmentation, lift, reduction to gynecomastia treatment. Driven by the expertise of Dr. Lee Hyungmin, Seojin utilizes revolutionary Crisalix 3D imaging to afford patients a preview of their potential postoperative results. The clinic is especially renowned for being an LGBTQ+ friendly environment, providing compassionate and specialized care for transgender individuals pursuing surgeries that align with their gender identity. Click here for more info about Seojin Plastic Surgery Clinic.
4. View Plastic Surgery Clinic: View Plastic Surgery Clinic is a reputable and renowned clinic known for its comprehensive range of cosmetic procedures and outstanding results. With a team of highly skilled surgeons and state-of-the-art facilities, View aims to provide personalized care and tailored solutions to help individuals achieve their desired aesthetic goals. Click here for more info about View Plastic Surgery Clinic.
5. Banobagi Plastic Surgery: Banobagi Plastic Surgery is a leading name in the field of plastic surgery. With a commitment to innovation and patient satisfaction, Banobagi offers a wide range of cosmetic procedures from facial contouring and breast surgeries to body sculpting and non-surgical treatments. The clinic is known for its skilled surgeons, advanced technology, and dedication to providing natural-looking results. Click here for more info about Banobagi Plastic Surgery Clinic.
6. Mind Plastic Surgery: Mind Plastic Surgery is a well-established clinic offering a comprehensive range of procedures. With a focus on safety, cutting-edge techniques, and customized plans, Mind aims to enhance individual beauty while ensuring the highest standards of care. The clinic’s team of experienced surgeons contribute to their reputation as a trusted name in the industry. Click here for more info about Mind Plastic Surgery Clinic.
7. Nana Plastic Surgery: NANA Plastic Surgery is a clinic that understands your beauty needs. It values every patient and always puts their safety and health beyond anything. The clinic cares and communicates with the patients like they are family. Click here for more info about Nana Plastic Surgery Clinic.
8. Migo Plastic Surgery: Migo Plastic Surgery is a renowned clinic specializing in a wide array of cosmetic procedures. With a patient-centered approach, Migo focuses on delivering tailored solutions to address the unique needs of each individual. The clinic’s team of skilled surgeons has particularly made it a preferred choice among both local and international patients. Click here for more info about Migo Plastic Surgery Clinic.
9. Wooa Plastic Surgery: Wooa Plastic Surgery is a prominent plastic surgery clinic known for its expertise in facial rejuvenation, body contouring, and breast surgeries. With a philosophy rooted in natural aesthetics, Wooa offers personalized plans tailored to the specific concerns of each patient. The clinic’s commitment to excellence and use of advanced technologies contribute to its positive reputation. Click here for more info about Wooa Plastic Surgery Clinic.
Are you overwhelmed by the choices of plastic surgery clinics in Seoul? Don’t know which clinic is the best one for you? Consider using a medical tourism service to help you with every step in your journey of coming to Korea. Click here to find more info
How Much Does Plastic Surgery Cost inKorea
The cost of plastic surgery in South Korea varies based on several factors, including the procedure, hospital, room type, stay period, etc. Here are some estimated price ranges for popular plastic surgery procedures in Korea.
- Eyelid Surgery: 1 mil ~ 3 mil ($1,500 to $2,500 USD)
- Nose Surgery (Rhinoplasty): 3 mil ~ 5 mil ($2,500 to $4,500)
- Hair Transplant: 5 mil ~ 9 mil ($4,500 to $8,000)
- Facelift: 6 mil ~ 11 mil ($5,000 to $10,000)
- Breast Augmentation: 7 mil ~ 11 mil ($6,000 to $10,000)
- Liposuction (single area): 3 mil ~ 6 mil ($2,500 to $5,000)
- Tummy-tuck: 3 mil ~ 9 mil ($2,500 to $8,000)
- Dermabrasion: 300,000 ~ 3 mil ($270 to $2,500)
Please note that these price ranges can vary depending on individual circumstances and the specific details of each case. It is essential to consult with several reputable clinics before agreeing to any procedure.
1. Cost of Double Eyelid Surgery in Korea
Double eyelid surgery, commonly known as blepharoplasty, is a popular cosmetic procedure. In fact, one in every five individuals are estimated to have undergone this surgery in Korea.
The purpose of the surgery is to create an additional skin fold above the eyes, resulting in the appearance of more defined eyelids. In some cases, the procedure is recommended to improve vision or correct eyelid ptosis.
The surgery involves making an incision above the eyelid, removing excess fat and skin, and suturing the lid to the muscles and connective tissue to ensure proper movement. The entire procedure typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour. Recovery time after is typically around 2 to 3 weeks. Overseas patients are advised to plan for a stay in the country for 10 to 14 days to ensure proper post-operative care.
On average, the cost of double eyelid surgery in Korea ranges from approximately 2.5 to 4.4 million won (approximately $1900 to $3300 USD) in total.
2. Cost of Ptosis Correction in Korea
Ptosis correction is a surgical procedure aimed at addressing drooping or sagging eyelids. Ptosis occurs when the muscles responsible for lifting the eyelids weaken or stretch, resulting in a lowered position of the upper eyelid.
In Korea, ptosis correction procedures are performed with exceptional skill and precision. The average price of ptosis correction in Korea ranges from 2.2 ~ 3.3 mil won ($1600 – $2500 USD), although cost may vary depending on factors such as the severity of ptosis.
3. Cost of Upper/Lower Blepharoplasty in Korea
Upper and lower blepharoplasty are cosmetic surgical procedures performed to improve the appearance of the upper and lower eyelids.
The average cost of upper blepharoplasty in Korea can range from approximately 2.8 to 4.4 million won (approximately $2100 to $3300 USD). The average cost of lower blepharoplasty in Korea is around 3 to 6 million won (approximately $2,500 to $5,100 USD).
4. Cost of Revision Plastic Surgery in Korea
Revision plastic surgery is performed to revise the results of a previous cosmetic surgery. It is often done to address botching during the operation or changes that may have occurred after the procedure.
Unfortunately, it is difficult to provide an average cost for revision surgery as it depends on each unique situation. The cost may be lower or more than the initial surgery and it varies depending on the necessary alterations. A trained surgeon will be able to tell you during your initial consultation around how much the operation should cost. If you feel that the clinic is not being transparent, it would be best to consult another professional.
5. Cost of Under Eye Fat Reposition in Korea
Under eye fat reposition is a surgical procedure that aims to address under-eye bags by repositioning or redistributing the fat around the area.
The average cost of under eye fat reposition surgery in Korea can range from approximately 1.65 to 4.4 million won in total (approximately $1200 to $3300 USD).
6. Cost of Liposuction in Korea
Liposuction is a procedure which aims to remove excess fat deposits from various points on the body. The goal of liposuction is to target stubborn fat and create a more contoured appearance.
On average, the cost of liposuction in Korea can range from approximately 3 to 10 million won (approximately $2,500 to $8,500 USD) per area. However, liposuction prices vary greatly depending on the size of the treatment area and the amount of fat that needs to be removed. It is always important to carefully discuss the cost of liposuction with your selected surgeon.
7. Cost of Hair Transplant in Korea
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure that involves moving hair follicles from one part of the body to areas with thin or balding hair. The procedure is particularly common among men experiencing male pattern baldness.
On average, the cost of a hair transplant in Korea depends on the severity of the balding and the surface area that needs to be addressed. For 500 hairs, most surgeons charge around 4 ~ 5 million won (approximately $3500 to $4500 USD). For partial shaving, the price may increase to around 6.8 million won. For 2000 hairs, clinics typically look at around 6.5 ~ 7.7 million won (approximately $5800 to $7000 USD). For 4000 hairs, patients will be looking at around 9.5 ~ 12 million won (approximately $8000 to $10,000 USD).
8. Cost of Rhinoplasty in Korea
Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is performed to reshape or resize the nose. It can be done for both functional and aesthetic purposes.
On average, the cost of rhinoplasty in Korea can range from approximately 3 to 10 million won (approximately $2,500 to $8,500 USD). As the nose is a rather sensitive area, the price may increase depending on the amount of revision desired by the patient.
9. Cost of Vision Correction in Korea
Vision correction refers to various surgical procedures performed to correct refractive errors in the eyes. After a vision correction procedure, patients will not need glasses and contact lenses.
On average, the cost of LASIK in Korea can range from approximately 1.5 to 3.5 million won per eye (approximately $1,300 to $3,000 USD) while the cost of SMILE surgery in Korea averages around 2.5 to 4.5 million won per eye (approximately $2,100 to $3,800 USD).
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of plastic surgery in Korea depends on various factors such as the type of procedure, the clinic, surgeon experience, the complexity of the case, and any additional services or accommodations required during post-care. Please refer to the above information for a general outline of costs.
On average, the cost of double eyelid surgery in Korea ranges from 2 ~ 5 mil won ($3000-$6000 USD). Higher-end clinics may have slightly higher prices. During consultations with clinics, it is recommended to inquire about the breakdown of costs, including any preoperative evaluations, surgical fees, anesthesia fees, facility fees, and post-operative medications. This will help you understand the overall cost and what is included in the price.