Cost of Liposuction in Korea | Price Breakdown for Full Body Liposuction
With a long list of cosmetic procedures to choose from in today’s world, liposuction has gained significant popularity as a simple way to achieve a toned physique. South Korea in particular is well known for its liposuction procedures thanks to its advanced medical technology and skilled surgeons.
This post will delve into the art of liposuction in Korea and explain why it has become a sought-after option for individuals from all over the world as a way to contour their body and boost their self confidence.
- What is Liposuction?
- Liposuction in Korea
- Best Liposuction Clinics in Korea
- Cost of Liposuction in Korea
- 1. Cost of Thigh Liposuction in Korea
- 2. Cost of Calf Liposuction in Korea
- 3. Cost of Love Handle Liposuction in Korea
- 4. Cost of Full Abdomen Liposuction in Korea
- 5. Cost of Full Back Liposuction in Korea
- 6. Cost of Tummy Tuck Liposuction in Korea
- 7. Cost of Full Body Liposuction in Korea
- 8. Cost of 360d Abdomen Liposuction in Korea
- 9. Cost of 360d Liposculpture Liposuction in Korea
- 10. Cost of Brazilian Butt Lift Liposuction in Korea
- 11. Cost of Fat Grafting Liposuction in Korea
- 12. Cost of Additional Area Liposuction in Korea
- 13. Cost of Revision Liposuction in Korea
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Liposuction?
You may be wondering exactly what liposuction really is. Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty or body contouring, is a surgical procedure designed to remove excess fat deposits from specific areas of the body. It is typically performed on the abdomen, thighs, hips, buttocks, arms, back, and chin, but can be performed on numerous other areas of the body.
During the procedure, a surgeon will make small incisions in the target area and insert a thin tube called a cannula. Korea is particularly famous for its medical professionals who have designed their own, even thinner cannulas. Cannulas are then connected to a suction device that helps to remove the excess fat cells through gentle suction. In order to sculpt the area to a desired shape, the surgeon will carefully maneuver the cannula to break up and suction out unwanted and stubborn fat.
It is very important to note that liposuction is NOT a weight-loss method or substitute for a healthy lifestyle. This surgery is performed to tackle localized fat deposits resistant to diet and exercise. It can be performed as a standalone procedure or in conjunction with various other cosmetic surgeries such as a tummy tuck or breast reduction.
As with any surgical procedure, liposuction has risks and considerations that should always be discussed in advance with an expert. Consultation with a medical professional is essential to determine if liposuction is the best result for you.
Liposuction in Korea
Liposuction in Korea has gained international recognition for its advanced techniques, professional plastic surgery clinics, and natural-looking results. Let’s break down what makes liposuction in Korea so unique.
1. Advanced Techniques: Korean plastic surgeons employ cutting-edge techniques to ensure precision and minimizing trauma to the surrounding tissues of the target area. These techniques include tumescent liposuction, ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL), laser-assisted liposuction (LAL), and power-assisted liposuction (PAL).
2. Natural Aesthetics: Korean plastic surgeons strive to create proportionate body contours. Their artistic approach helps sculpt the body to enhance the individual’s overall appearance.
3. Customized Treatment: Korean clinics and plastic surgeons prioritize personalized treatment plans to meet each patient’s unique needs and goals. Through thorough consultations and evaluations, surgeons discuss the desired outcomes and develop tailored approaches for optimal results.
4. State-of-the-Art Facilities: Korea boasts modern and well-equipped medical facilities that provide a safe environment for liposuction procedures. Korean clinics often invest in advanced technologies and infrastructure to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction.
5. Multicultural Experience: Many clinics in Korea cater to international patients and offer services in English and many other languages from the first consultation to the last checkup.
It is always important to conduct thorough research before choosing your liposuction clinic. Clearly understanding the process and having open communication with the medical team will help ensure a satisfactory outcome.
Best Liposuction Clinics in Korea
With so many plastic surgeons in Korea, it can be hard to know where to start looking. To help you get started, we’ve compiled a list of the top clinics for liposuction in Seoul.
1. Lydian is a prominent clinic known for its comprehensive liposuction services. They utilize advanced technologies like water-assisted liposuction (WAL) and power-assisted liposuction (PAL) to ensure precise and effective fat removal, helping patients achieve their desired body. Click here for more info about Lydian.
2. 365mc is a renowned clinic specializing in non-invasive and minimally invasive liposuction procedures. They offer innovative techniques such as 3D liposuction and VASER liposuction, providing customized treatment plans for body contouring and fat reduction. Click here for more info about 365mc.
3. Banobagi is a well-established clinic offering a range of liposuction procedures tailored to individual needs. They specialize in various techniques, including micro liposuction and tumescent liposuction. Click here for more info about Banobagi.
4. View is a reputable Korean clinic known for its expertise in liposuction and body contouring. They provide advanced liposuction techniques such as laser lipolysis and power-assisted liposuction (PAL). Click here for more info about View.
5. ID Hospital offers comprehensive liposuction services in Korea, employing state-of-the-art techniques like radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL). Their experienced surgeons personalize treatment plans to meet individual goals, delivering exceptional results for body sculpting and fat reduction. Click here for more info about ID Hospital.
Wherever you choose to go, always make sure that the clinic offers an initial consultation (typically free) before the procedure begins.
Are you overwhelmed by the choices of liposuction clinics in Seoul? Don’t know which clinic is the best one for you? Consider using a medical tourism service to help you with every step in your journey of coming to Korea. Click here to find more info
Cost of Liposuction in Korea
The cost of liposuction in Korea depends on several factors such as the quality of the clinic and the surgeon’s expertise. Although we can simply break down the cost, you will need to address the actual total during your initial consultation.
The cost of liposuction in Korean procedures typically starts at around 1,500,000 won (approximately $1,300 USD) for small treatment areas or single areas. As the number of areas to be treated increases or larger areas like the abdomen, costs can range from 3,000,000 won (approximately $2,600 USD) to 7,000,000 won (approximately $6,100 USD) depending on other factors.
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will provide a personalized treatment plan and discuss the associated costs accordingly. It’s advisable to consult with multiple clinics and compare prices in order to have a clear understanding of the overall cost. In addition, it is also essential to look into the medical background of your desired surgeon. While affordability is a factor, it is also crucial to prioritize safety and a successful outcome.
1. Cost of Thigh Liposuction in Korea
For many individuals, eliminating stubborn thigh fat can be a challenging and frustrating process despite years of dieting and exercise.
While thigh fat may not be as prominently visible as fat in other areas of the body, it can still cause discomfort when wearing more revealing clothing. Undergoing thigh liposuction not only enhances your physical appearance but also boosts your mental health thanks to an increase in confidence.
The ideal candidates for thigh liposuction include those suffering from…
- Excessive thigh fat
- Lower body obesity
- Protruding or bulging thighs
Thigh liposuction targets the entire thigh region and the areas surrounding the knees.
The average cost of thigh liposuction is 6.6 ~ 16 million won, which would equal to around $6000 – $14,000 USD.
2. Cost of Calf Liposuction in Korea
Calf liposuction is a cosmetic procedure aimed at reducing excess fat deposits in the calf area to enhance the shape of the lower leg.
This procedure is suitable for individuals who have…
- Disproportionate calf fat
- Stubborn calf fat
- Calf asymmetry
- Excess bulkiness
As calf liposuctions can greatly alter the appearance of one’s legs, which are often on show, this particular liposuction requires detailed planning with your surgeon.
The average price of calf liposuction in Korea is around 6.3 million won (approximately $4900 USD) while the minimum price averages at around 5 million won (approximately $3900 USD). For a more detailed procedure, patients could be looking at anywhere around 7.8 million won (approximately $6000 USD).
3. Cost of Love Handle Liposuction in Korea
Love handle liposuction, also known as flank liposuction, is a procedure performed to remove excess fat deposits from the sides of the waist or just above the hips. These stubborn fat deposits often resist diet and exercise, making this a popular liposuction for patients of all ages and sizes.
The average price of love handle liposuction in Korea is 3.3 to 6.6 million won (approximately $2500 to $5000 USD). Of course, this price point may vary depending on the amount of fat required to remove.
4. Cost of Full Abdomen Liposuction in Korea
Full abdomen liposuction is done to remove excess fat deposits from the entire abdominal area, both lower and upper. It aims to improve the contour and shape of the abdomen to boost self confidence and to create a more natural body line.
The average cost of a full abdomen liposuction in Korea starts at around 6.6 to 21 million won (approximately $5000 to $16,000 USD). While the price may seem steep, this is because of the targeted area size as well as both the upper and lower abdomens being included.
5. Cost of Full Back Liposuction in Korea
Full back liposuction is a surgical procedure performed to remove excess fat deposits from the entire back area. This can be done for aesthetic purposes such as creating a more balanced body line, or medical purposes such as too much pressure being placed on the spine due to excess fat.
The average price of a full back liposuction in Korea begins at 5.5 million won and can reach up to 21 million won (approximately $4000 to $16,000 USD). The price varies depending on how much fat needs to be removed and from how many different target areas.
6. Cost of Tummy Tuck Liposuction in Korea
A tummy tuck liposuction is a combined surgical procedure that involves both removing excess skin and fat from the abdomen and then performing liposuction to contour the area further.
Due to the dual nature of this procedure, the average price in Korea ranges from 16.5 million to 55 million won (approximately $12,600 to $42,000 USD).
Another option for those looking for a more price friendly, less invasive procedure is the mini tummy tuck. A mini tummy tuck is a surgical procedure designed to address concerns in the lower abdominal region, specifically below the navel. This may not be possible if there is too much excess fat on the lower abdomen.
A mini tummy tuck costs anywhere from 11 to 33 million in Korea (approximately $8400 to $2500 USD).
7. Cost of Full Body Liposuction in Korea
Full body liposuction is a surgery that involves the removal of excess fat deposits from multiple areas of the body in one session. This is ideal for those hoping for entire body contouring.
Due to the size of the target area, the average price of a full body liposuction in Korea ranges from 27.5 to 88 million won (approximately $21,000 to $67,400 USD).
8. Cost of 360d Abdomen Liposuction in Korea
Abdomen liposuction removes excess fat deposits from the abdominal area such as the upper and lower abdomen. This is done for health and aesthetic purposes.
During abdomen liposuction, small incisions are made in inconspicuous locations on the abdomen. A thin tube called a cannula is then inserted through these
The average price of a 360d liposuction starts between 13.2 to 24.2 million won (approximately $10,000 to $18,500 USD).
9. Cost of 360d Liposculpture Liposuction in Korea
360-degree liposculpture liposuction is a comprehensive body contouring procedure that targets various areas around the torso such as the abdomen, waistline, love handles, back, and upper and lower back.
This procedure remains relatively new and it is advised that those interested in receiving this liposuction in Korea first consult the experts at Lydian Clinic due to their vast experience and dedication to contouring excellence. Lydian charges 16.5 million for this procedure (approximately $12,600 USD).
10. Cost of Brazilian Butt Lift Liposuction in Korea
A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL), is a popular procedure designed to enhance the shape and size of the buttocks. This is typically done for aesthetic purposes to create a more rounded, firm bottom.
The price of a Brazilian butt lift varies depending on the size of the lower body desired by the patient. The average cost lies anywhere between 5 and 16.5 million won (approximately $3500 to $12,600 USD).
11. Cost of Fat Grafting Liposuction in Korea
Fat grafting liposuction combines liposuction with the transfer of the harvested fat to another area of the body. In addition, stem cell grafting liposuction involves the extraction of fat through liposuction, isolation of adipose-derived stem cells (ADSCs) from the fat, and the injection of the mixture. This may be more ideal for patients due to higher success rates and long-term survival of fat grafts.
Regular fat grafting prices begin from 5 to 16.5 million won (approximately $3500 to $12,600 USD). Stem cell fat grafting ranges between 7 to 16.5 million won (approximately $5300 USD to $12,600 USD).
12. Cost of Additional Area Liposuction in Korea
Additional area liposuction is the inclusion of extra treatment areas during a regular liposuction procedure. This may be desired for a more balanced body shape.
The average cost of additional areas is based on each clinic. There are different divisions and different names for each procedure, so a prior consultation is required to avoid any confusion. The typical price for an additional area liposuction ranges from 3.3 to 5.5 million won per area (approximately $2500 to $4200 USD).
13. Cost of Revision Liposuction in Korea
Revision liposuction is a surgical procedure performed to correct or improve the results of a previous liposuction procedure. It is typically done to address unsatisfactory outcomes, irregularities or asymmetry.
Revision liposuction is a very difficult procedure to calculate as each operation is vastly different from the other. Most clinics charge around 1.65 million per each botched area (approximately $1200 USD). As a summary, patients can expect 30-50% lower than the original price of their botched operation. This information was gathered from Lydian Clinic who have performed a number of revision liposuction procedures.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of liposuction in Korea depends on several factors depending on the quality of the clinic and experience of the doctor. Procedures typically start at around 1,500,000 won (approximately $1,300 USD) for small treatment areas and can range from 3,000,000 won (approximately $2,600 USD) to 7,000,000 won (approximately $6,100 USD) for larger treatment areas.
As a general estimate, the cost of full body liposuction in Korea typically ranges from 20,000,000 won (approximately $17,400 USD) to 40,000,000 won (approximately $34,800 USD) or more. However, it’s important to note that these figures are rough estimates and can vary significantly based on the factors mentioned earlier, such as the surgeon’s experience, the reputation of the clinic, the geographic location, and any additional services included in the treatment package.