Best Korean Eye Cream For Dark Circles & Other Under-Eye Care Products
When it comes to cosmetic and beauty tricks, we consider ourselves as experts in the field as we have a great knowledge on the best hair products, cleansing routines, hand creams and nail care. Unfortunately eye care is often forgotten, even though the skin around the eye is very sensitive as its thinner and more delicate that other skin parts. Read on to find out more about the best Korean eye cream for dark circles, reviews and how to use them.
Fatigue, pollution (especially in Korea!) and the sun are the biggest enemies of our eyes. Therefor, they eyes require sometimes more attention that the rest of the skin. But how do you find the best Korean eye creams for your skin and what other products are good for you? Whether you are looking to hide those dark circles, prevent signs of aging or remove sun damage. Below is a list of some of the best products sold in Korea and in Korean skincare online shops that will keep your eyes stunning.
Any Questions? Join our the Korea Skincare & Beauty Facebook Group here! Ask any questions you have, connect with fellow beauty enthusiasts and learn more about Korean skincare & beauty.
- Best Eye Cream Ingredients To Look For
- Why Use Korean Eye Cream Brands?
- Best Korean Eye Cream For Dark Circles
- Final Verdict Korean Eye Creams For Dark Circles And More
- How To Use Korean Eye Cream
- Other Korean Products For Dark Circles
- Other Ways To Care For The Skin Around The Eye
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Eye Cream Ingredients To Look For
The quality and the ingredients of the eye creams are vital. Therefor when buying a new eye cream, make sure to check for the following ingredients.
- Vitamins A,C and E – All three vitamins are quite powerful against anti-aging. On top of that Vitamin C helps with the skin elasticity and collagen production. Vitamin E softens and protects the skin.
- Neuropeptides – This is is especially for users with a super sensitive skin type. The neuropeptides stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, just like the vitamins. Peptide-packed Korean eye creams will improve the texture and resilience of the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides – Ceramides and hyaluronic acid helps maintaining the hydration of the skin. It also boosts the production of collagen.
Why Use Korean Eye Cream Brands?
Korea beauty products are extremely popular all over the world. But why should you be using Korean eye cream brands? What makes the Korean brands better and more consumer friendly?
- Most Korean cosmetics are composed almost completely out of natural ingredients.
- The K beauty brands have invested a lot of time and money in research to create high quality products. They use innovative techniques are little used in the west, like fermentation or extraction.
- The cosmetic products have been promoted by the popular Korean dramas and K-pop artists.
- Great value for your money! The cost of these Korean products are similar to a cheaper brand in the west.
Best Korean Eye Cream For Dark Circles
Below is a list of the best Korean eye cream for dark circles and other, in no peculiar order. When picking a brand or cream, choose one that is suitable for your skin type.
NOTE: If the dark circle eye creams listed below are not helping, consider doing a Korean dark circle procedure like laser therapy or injections.
1. Missha Gumsul Giyoon Eye Cream
This is by far the best Korean product for dark circles. The Missha eye cream is made from natural Korean ingredients like wild ginseng extract, ginseng water, deer antler and reishi mushroom extract. It is ideal for people with dry skin and when looking to brighten up the skin and treat dark circles around the eyes. The usage of these ingredients for medical purposes go back over 5000 years. As the packaging is so beautiful, it would be a great present for friends or family.
2. Innisfree Perfect 9 Repair Eye Cream
Innisfree is famous for its creams and K cosmetics and the Innisfree perfect repair eye cream claims to be a great eye cream against puffiness, dark circles and anti-aging. It contains 9 different ingredients from Jeju Island, an idyllic island off the Busan coastline. The Jeju Elixir in the cream is gentle, hydrating, soothing and effective. Another great thing about this cream is the compact packaging, it is light and easy to carry around in a handbag. Buy Innisfree eye cream here.
3. Laneige Perfect Renew Eye Cream
Laneige is like Innisfree owned by Amore Pacific. This anti-aging and hydrating eye creams helps repair and moisturize the sensitive eye skin. The creamy and smooth texture of the cream makes it easy to apply to the eye area and gets absorbed quickly. This cream is perfect for those with dry skin or eye skin damage and when looking to hide the fine lines of the eye. Buy Laneige eye cream here.
Click here to buy the Innisfree eye cream on YesStyle and get up to 10% off.
4. MIZON Collagen Power Firming Eye Cream
The MIZON collage eye cream is an excellent cream to keep the skin hydrated and smooth as it contains a high amount of marine collage. Therefor it is ideal for those with a sensitive skin. Furthermore the cream contains copper tripeptide-1, which regenerates damages tissue and makes the skin younger looking.
Pro: no benzophenone, ethanol, paraben, artificial scent and colour were used in the cream.
5. A.H.C. The Real Eye Cream for Face
Aesthetic Hydration Cosmetics or AHC is a high end and more expensive Korean cosmetics brand, they claim that all their products are
claimed to be FDA certified. This Real Eye Cream is great as an anti-wrinkle eye cream. Furthermore it hydrates and gives the skin a more resilient look. Ingredients used include collage, peptides and many other natural extracts. The cream can not only be used for the skin around the eyes, but also the rest of the face. Buy AHC eye cream here.
This is not the only eye cream sold by AHC. The Korean brand has a wide range of eye creams for all different purposes and skin types. Other creams include ageless, season 7, ultimit real eye, wrinkle care.
6. Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream
Sulwhasoo is a more expensive Korean skin care company that combines the cutting-edge science with traditional Korean oriental and herbal medicine. The Rejunevating eye cream from Sulwhasoo’s is a best selling eye cream. It easily spreads under the eye and is great to restore and moisturize the skin around the eye. Ingredients of the cream included enzymes of Red Ginseng, honey and Yai Hua, which are great to fight dark circles under the eye. Buy cream here.
Final Verdict Korean Eye Creams For Dark Circles And More
When it comes to picking an eye cream, there isn’t only one best cream. Your choice will depend on your skin type and what you are trying to achieve with the cream. If you have dark circles or puffy eyes, try the Missha cream. Do you have wrinkles or fine lines, get the Mizon or AHC cream. Have a sensitive skin, the opt for one of the Innisfree products.
How To Use Korean Eye Cream
Below find how to correctly use eye cream so you can included this product into you daily skin care routine.
- Don’t use too much cream – the area around your eyes is a rather small area, therefor make sure not use more than a pea sized amount.
- Apply it at the right time – usually in your skin care routine, light creams should be applied before the thicker creams. If your eye cream is thicker than your moisturizer, apply after. If it’s lighter, apply it after.
- Don’t apply on dry skin – to get the most out of your Korean eye cream, apply it on damp skin, not dry skin. This will help to lock in the hydration.
- Beware of your eyes – never put the cream too close to your eyes. There is no need to apply the cream on your eyelids or lashes. When applying the cream to close to the eyes it can lead to irritation.
- Patting gently – the skin around is extremely sensitive, so make sure to pat it gently when applying the cream. No need to rub it in.
- Give it time to absorb – after applying the cream, give your skin some time to absorb the cream. Don’t move too fast and apply make up or concealer instantly.
- Morning and night – you should apply eye cream twice a day, once in the morning and again in the evening.
- Picking the right cream – when shopping for a new cream, don’t shop based on price, but based on your skin type and check the ingredients of the cream.
Other Korean Products For Dark Circles
Apart from creams, you can get sheet masks specially for the eyes. Like the Korean eye creams, these under-eye masks help with the most common problems like dark circles and puffiness. Below is a short list of the best Korean eye mask for dark circles.
- Gold Racoony Hydrogel Eye & Spot Patch: not only are these super cute, they are also effective, especially for eye bags, puffiness, wrinkles and dark circles. More info here.
- Petitfee Gold & Snail Hydrogel Eye Patch: the patches from Petitfée help make the skin firm, healthy and glow. These are a tad more expensive that other eye patches, but are very cooling for the eye. More info here.
- Etude House 24k Gold Therapy Collagen Eye Patch: The deep-moisturizing golden eye patches form Etude House will instantly make you feel like a queen! More info here.
Other Ways To Care For The Skin Around The Eye
Apart from the wonderful Korean eye creams, there are other ways to care for dark circles and puffiness. Below is a list of things you could do to care for your under-eye skin, you can also have a free consultation with this kind of concierge services if you are looking for these more invasive options.
- Don’t Smoke: smoking can seriously affect the skin, especially under the eyes. Smoking can lead to under eye dark circles and puffiness.
- Sleep Enough: this might seem as an obvious thing to say, but lack of sleep can lead to dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Sleep with head raised: having your head slightly higher than the rest of your body while sleeping helps prevent fluids from accumulating around your eyes. You can do this by using a thicker pillow.
- Cleaning Face: when cleaning your face, use a clean washcloth and cool water. Use mild pressure when cleaning the skin under and around the eyes.
- Surgical method: of course there are a little more invasive ways, fillers and botox are one way, surgeries like under eye fat repositioning or fat grafting are the most invasive yet effective method for dark circles. Find more info about Korean dark circle treatments here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the best Korean products to battle under eye dark circles are the Missha Gumsul Giyoon Eye Cream, Innisfree Perfect 9 Repair Eye Cream, Laneige Perfect Renew Eye Cream and many more.
The most popular non-invasive way of removing dark circles under the eyes is by using a special eye cream that contains Vitamin A, C or E, Neuropeptides, Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides. The most popular surgical methods are fillers or under eye fat repositioning surgery.