Daebak Korean Snack Box & Subscription
Those who’ve lived in or visited Korea know that the peninsula is famous for its unique and delicious snacks. For those on the other side of the world, there’s a great and exciting way to experience the tastes of these snacks in your own home! That’s Daebak’s SnackFever Box, a subscription or single-order box containing a wide range of snacks and other goodies direct from South Korea. There are several snack box choices available, as well as other subscription boxes, and we’re here to introduce you to all of them!
Daebak is a snack and goody subscription box service offering trendy, authentic Korean products to customers all around the world. The company was set up in 2015 with the goal to bring Hallyu and Korean food culture to fans around the world. In 2018, the company relocated from Los Angeles to Seoul in order to connect more directly with the latest and greatest products. The retail value of their subscription boxes make up around $100 USD per quarter, making this an affordable and unique way of bringing Korea to your front door.
Daebak works in partnership with some of the biggest brands in Korea to bring you high-quality goods. For makeup and skincare, Etude House and Mediheal are there to give you the best look. For food and home decor, CJ, GS Retail and Nara Home Deco are there to provide everything you need (and more!).
Daebak currently offers 2 different subscription box services:
- SnackFever – SnackFever is a monthly snack box, offering up to 13+ of the trendiest and most delicious snacks in Korea today. This is perfect for foodies and those looking to have the taste of Korea even on the other side of the world!
- Daebak Box – This is a quarterly box full of 10+ K-beauty, K-pop, K-drama, and K-lifestyle products. This is very popular option for those who love Korean culture. What’s more, the box has a different, beautiful design each month inspired by Korean landscapes.
Use discount code BEMARIEKOREA10 for 10% off your snackbox purchase.
Have you ever been sitting at home, watching your Korean drama when you realize… you nothing to eat? Maybe you have a snack or two – but what you’re really craving are the same Korean treats your characters are munching on screen! With Daebak’s SnackFever box, you don’t have to worry about going hungry again! This popular snack subscription box is a great way to get Korean snacks, drinks, and even meals delivered right to your home. Each month offers new tastes, meaning you’re unlikely to get the same snack twice. With the Deluxe option, there are plenty of snacks that will last you well into the next month, making your K-drama evenings all the more fun and authentic.
Students can get a discount of 10% off their box. Follow the link here for more information. You can also earn Daebak rewards to get discounts on your purchases by becoming a member of the Daebak family. Read more about it here.
The SnackFever box can be ordered monthly, annually, or as a one-off purchase. We’ll introduce more about the annual subscription below.
SnackBox Fever Deluxe* is the subscription box of your dreams! Based on the original box, the Deluxe option offers even more delicious goodies that make the perfect late-night snack. Compared to the original box, you can expect 10 to 13+ snack and drink options. The box also includes one ramen cup or package or one doshirak (도시락), a low-prep, authentic Korean meal. What makes the SnackFever box shine is its attention to seasonal tastes and flavors. For example, the cold noodles included in the summer box are a far more friendly option than a hot, spicy ramen!
*With the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, the SnackFever boxes only ship to Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Taiwan, United States (not including Guam and Puerto Rico), and Singapore.
We were lucky to receive the Daebak July SnackFever Deluxe Box! Let’s take a look and see what was inside this month’s box.
1.1 What Was Included
- Sesame Crackers (하비스트) – A pack of wheat and sesame crackers offers a simple, slightly salty flavor with a hint of butter that goes perfectly with a cheese or meat topping.
- Dried Ramen Snack (미니뿌셔) – This ramen snack is meant to be eaten raw! The dried ramen comes with a flavorful beef packet that you sprinkle straight onto the noodles. Crunch them up for bite-size pieces inside the bag and enjoy – mess free!
- Shrimp Chips (구운새우) – Koreans love shrimp in their meals, but also in their snacks. These puffy, fluffy shrimp chips have a strong flavor that transports you right to the Korean seaside.
- Cream Cookies (쿠크다스) – These soft, buttery cookies are decorated with a chocolate cream stripe and filled with vanilla cream. They’re so soft – and go great with your morning tea or coffee (be careful not to dunk them, as they’re super delicate and will break apart in your drink!).
- Peach Tart Cookies (플랑) – These vanilla cookies are filled with a peach jam on the inside. They’re certainly sweet, but not too strongly, and make the perfect treat when your sweet tooth is aching.
- Granola Ppeppero Sticks (빼빼로) – Ppeppero sticks are famous stick crackers dipped in a wide variety of creams from chocolate to oreo. Their newest flavor offers a white chocolate taste coated in rolled oat pieces. This is a great snack for those looking for something with a more subtle sweetness.
- Lemon Cookies (사브레) – These hard cookies are inspired by French flavors. They’re coated lightly with sugar and bear a hint of lemon juice. Like the cream cookies, they’ll go great with your morning tea or coffee.
- Dalgona Crackers (달고나 짱구) – Dalgona became all the rage with the virtual Dalgona Coffee Challenge and through the hit Netflix show ‘Squid Game’. Now you can try it in a sweet cracker form. These really do taste like the traditional honeycomb dessert!
- Spicy Cold Noodles (비빔면) – Koreans love spicy food all year-round. In the summer months, they make those spicy noodles colder to bear the hot and humid weather. With SnackFever Deluxe, you can try your hand at making cold noodles in your home! This is cooked just like ramen, but rinsed with cold water and kept in the fridge until it’s ready.
- Earl Grey Peach Ade (얼그레이 복숭아 에이드) – This drink option comes in powder form and tastes great with sparkling or still water. Add some ice for a refreshing summer drink.
Please note that some of the snacks included are not halal, vegetarian, and vegan friendly. You can double-check the ingredients of each item with a member of the Daebak team through their contact forum.
2. SnackBox Fever Subscription
The SnackBox Fever subscription is a 12-month plan that auto-renews every 12 months. This is a great service for those looking to save money and try a broader range of snacks.
By investing in a 12-month plan, you’ll be able to save the price of one monthly box (around $40 USD) for a total of $444 USD. You can pay the amount in full or with 4 interest-free payments of $111 USD.
The monthly breakdown adds up to $37 USD per month.
The automatic renewal can be canceled any time from your Daebak account! However, canceling your subscription will only cancel the next renewal. Subscriptions are non-refundable and you can read more at Daebak’s Terms of Service.
Daebak generally ships out boxes within 10 business days of the order. Boxes will be shipped via DHL and FedEx. Each box will be sent per month with the average wait time lasting 3-5 business days.
I was really thrilled to experience the SnackFever Deluxe box. Although I’ve lived in Korea for many years, there were new snacks included that I’d never even seen before. At first, I expected to see some familiar items, but was pleasantly surprised to see that Daebak really is including the newest, trendiest snacks inside the box such as the dalgona chips and the granola Ppeppero!
What’s more, the Daebak subscription box is beautifully designed and well-packaged. Everything arrived securely and none of my snacks were broken or damaged. There was also a great selection for different flavor preferences, and I especially loved the inclusion of cup ramen. This is a fantastic subscription service for those interested in experiencing a genuine snack tour of Korea.
Did you enjoy this Daebak Korean Snack Box article? Why not pin it?
Do you have any questions about the Daebak Korean Snack Box? Have you tried this or any other Korean snack box? Let us know in the comment section below.
This is a sponsored post by Daebak. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal experience and view.