Best Korean Snack Box | Seoulbox Signature Review
If you’ve ever been to Korea and miss all the snacks, or if you want to experience the taste of Korea at home, Korean snack boxes are a great option! A monthly Korean snack box is a subscription box that contains an assortment of snacks, drinks, and other goodies from South Korea and is delivered straight to your home every month, wherever you live in the world. There are many delicious snack boxes available, so today we are taking a look at Seoulbox!
Seoulbox is one of the leading snack box companies in South Korea. It was founded in 2018 by two friends who wanted to share their love for Korean culture, and especially for Korean snacks, with the whole world. Their boxes don’t just include snacks, but also K-beauty products, K-pop merch, and other goodies. And, there’s even a vegetarian box, so you can easily find a box to your liking. All boxes come with a little magazine that explains the snacks and Korean culture, and are shipped within 2~5 business days.
Seoulbox currently offers 3 different subscription boxes:
- Seoulbox Signature – This monthly box contains a collection of the best Korean snacks, drinks, candies, and more! Some K-beauty products and K-Pop merch are also included. Of the 3 different boxes available this is the most popular Korean snack subscription box!
- Seoulbox V – Delicious vegetarian Korean snacks & drinks, as well as some K-beauty products and K-Pop merch are delivered straight to your doorstep every month.
- Seoulbox Life – The perfect box for those who are not as interested in snacks, but rather want to experience some Korean culture. This box comes every season and contains lifestyle products, 1 full-sized K-beauty product, K-Pop gifts, and more!
The Seoulbox Signature and Seoulbox V can be ordered monthly, quarterly, and even annually. The Seoulbox Life comes once every season, and can be ordered annually as well. All boxes can be bought as a one-off purchase as well.
Best Korean Snack Box
So, what does the best Korean Snack Box contain? Let’s take a look at the September boxes from Seoulbox to get a good idea of the delicious Korean snacks included!
1. Seoulbox Signature Korean Snack Box
The Seoulbox Signature contains 18 different snacks and goodies, as well as a little in-depth magazine that tells you everything you need to know about the snacks, and about Korean culture! The snacks range from savory and sweet snacks to ramen and Korean mealtime snacks, and the box also includes a few treats! Plus, with the Seoulbox Signature you will also get some K-Pop merch and K-Beauty products.
Seoulbox Signature has a different theme every month, and the snacks and goodies will match the theme. For example, in August 2021 the theme was Jjimjilbang (Korean Spa). You could enjoy delicious Korean Chicken chips, special sauna eggs, Pororo Cheese crackers, and more! The box even included a mask pack and a special skin towel, a must-have in the Korean sauna.
Let’s dive into September’s box so we can get a good idea of what is included in the box. This month, the theme is “Back To School”, and all of the snacks provide you with a glimpse of Korean university life.
The box contains two savory snacks:
- Roasted Black Bean Snack – A savory snack that incorporates the unique roasted flavor of black beans.
- Chili Chips Fried Chili Flavor – Chips that taste like chili and pork stuffing? Yes please! These delicious, slightly spicy chips taste exactly like Korean drinking snacks.
Seoulbox Signature also includes two delicious meal time snacks, which are often eaten by Korean university students:
- Spam Kkoma Stir-fried Kimchi – Pre-packaged stir-fried kimchi and spam, the perfect easy dish after a long day. Simply heat it in the microwave, and enjoy with rice.
- Teumsae Ramen Spicy Kimchi – You cannot have a Korean treat box without Ramen! This ramen is great for people who love spicy food.
Want something sweet after these savory snacks? Take a look at these five sweet snacks:
- Mushroom Hats – This snack is a play on a traditional Korean snack: little mushroom-shaped cookies that have a chocolate “hat”. These Mushroom Hats contain only the delicious chocolate hat!
- Moon Chip Choco Sand – A delicious chocolate spread between two cookie chips made of organic Korean rice. Slightly nutty and sweet.
- Protein Share – A Korean protein bar that is made of crunchy grain puffs that are covered in white sugar. Best of all? This snack only contains 1g of sugar!
- Ace Sand Yogurt – Soft, crumbly biscuits with a yogurt cream in between. Pairs best with coffee.
- Kkadori – Originally sold in gaming vending machines, this snack is now hugely popular with every Korean. They are soft, sticky, and look like soybeans.
The box also contains one drink to wash all the food away:
- Hot6 The King Storm – Shaped to look like a beer, this energy drink is beloved by university students. It contains 1,000mg of taurine and 100mg of caffeine, so you can keep studying (or partying!) all day long.
And if that wasn’t enough yet, this box also contains three treats!
- Red Ginseng Extract Stick – Koreans swear by ginseng extract to help them get energy and boost their immune system. This little stick helps you feel awake and is a superfood boost for stressful times.
- Tteokbokki Almonds – Did you know that Korea is famous for its flavored almonds? These ones taste exactly like Tteokbokki, spicy rice cakes.
- Whatta Pineapple Gum Lolly – Some delicious pine-apple flavored chewing gum.
In September, the box also contains four Korean goodies:
- Cha Cha Breath Mist Spray – Refresh your mouth and mind with this delicious breath spray. Tip: great for when you need some help staying awake during lectures!
- Real Twinkle Mask Pack – An award-winning sheet mask that contains 6-layered Hyaluronic Acid and tree fibers. Soothing, moisturizing, and refreshing.
- Tiny Tan Figure – BTS Fans rejoice! This box contains a small Tiny Tan figure to put on top of your monitor or desk. You’ll receive 1 of 7 members.
- 13 Zodiacs 9th – Monkey: A cute poster with this month’s zodiac sign, the monkey!
Why is this box different from other Korean snack boxes?
Seoulbox has a great assortment of snacks, mealtime treats, and other typically Korean foods. But what really sets this box apart from the other snack boxes, is that Seoulbox tries to really give you a taste of Korean culture. They include some other products, such as K-beauty products and K-Pop merch, as well as an in-depth magazine that teaches you about life in Korea. Also, Seoulbox’s themes are really fun and inspiring, and all their snacks are carefully curated to match each month’s theme.
2. Seoulbox V Vegetarian Korean Snack Box
Another thing that makes Seoulbox different from other South Korean snack boxes, is that they offer a vegetarian box as well! Not all Korean snacks are vegetarian, as especially the savory snacks sometimes contain some meat, or meat flavoring. Seoulbox V only contains snacks that are meat-free, and even the ramen is vegetarian! This means that vegetarians can now finally enjoy Korean snack boxes as well!
Seoulbox V contains 18 different Korean snacks and products. Like the Seoulbox Signature, it also contains some K-Pop merch and K-beauty products. Some examples of products that have been included in past boxes:
- Green Tea Spread: Delicious on toast or bread.
- Tangerine Plushy: A cute little tangerine plushy to brighten up your room.
- Red Ginseng Extract Stick: A powerful energy boost with this superfood!
- Moon Chip Choco Sand: Delicious chocolate spread between two rice cookies.
- Tiny Tan Figure: A BTS Tiny Tan figurine for your desk or monitor.
- And more…
Here is my personal Korean snack box review! I honestly not a big snacker, so during my 5 years living in Korea I have only tried a handful of Korean snacks. What I expected when receiving my snack box was to see all the typical snacks, like choco pies. But I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the box included a variety of the less mainstream snacks.
The box itself is just beautiful. The inside is beautifully decorated with the traditional Korean colours and patters. Just stunning. I was impressed how many snacks were inside the box. It’s a huge selection and I love that it’s not all sweet or savory snacks.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Korean snack subscription box contains delicious sweet and savory snacks from Korea. It is delivered anywhere in the world, so you can get a taste of Korean culture. You can subscribe to the box, so it is sent to your house every month. Most snack boxes include snacks such as chips, cookies, and ramen, but some boxes, like Seoulbox, also send you K-Pop Merch and K-beauty products!
Korean snack boxes contain a wide range of traditional and modern snacks. Often, they include some savory snacks, such as tteokbokki flavored almonds, or spicy chips. The sweet snacks are made with Korean ingredients and are beloved by many Koreans today. And no Korean snack box is complete without ramen! There’s a huge variety of ramen in Korea, so you’ll see a different kind every month.
Did you enjoy this Korean Snack Box subscription article? Why not pin it?
Do you have any questions about the Seoul Snack Box? Have you tried this subscription snack box? Let us know in the comment section below.
This is a sponsored post by Seoulbox. All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal experience and view.