Best Korean Dating Site & Apps | A Guide To Online Dating In Korea
Looking for a Korean dating site for foreigners? How to meet Korean guys online? Looking for the best Korean dating app? Or just looking to meet Korean friends online? Read on to find out more about the best Korean dating site or apps!
Korean dating apps or sites are used all over the world to meet new people. Whether it is just for fun or for a long term relationship eventually leading to marriage with a romantic South Korea honeymoon. South Korea is slowly starting to follow this trend. Below is a list of different dating sites and apps filled with Korean singles who are ready to mingle.
Things To Know About Online Dating In Korea
- Learn Korean, the Korean culture and traditions – looking to meet a Korean online? Then learning their language and culture is always a good start. Many Koreans still speak little or limited English, which makes dating harder for foreigners.
- Don’t compare with K-Dramas – Korean dramas make dating in Korea look so easy and romantic, but reality is nothing like this. Dating in Korea is hard and especially as a foreigner.
- What to expect when dating a Korean – find more info on the dating culture (Korean girls and guys) here.
- Country side Korea – You’ll find that the dating pool decreases dramatically when looking for Koreans outside Seoul. It is recommended to look for a partner in Seoul, especially when looking for a Korean dating foreigners.
Best Korean Dating Site
The following sites are focused on finding a Korean partner. Some of the apps Korean dating site for foreigners others are used mainly by Koreans.
1. Korean Cupid
Mainly for men. Korean Cupid is a very popular Korean dating site for foreigners, and maybe one of the best when it comes to Korean dating sites. This is mainly for finding a meet Korean girl online instead of Korean men. If you don’t mind flying to the other side of the world to meet you dream woman then, Korean Cupid is the place to be. This site is especially popular among people who are looking for a South Korean girl for marriage (matrimonial). Find more info here.
The free account exists out of creating a basic profile, looking for matches and sending messages to paid members. You’ll find that most of the woman do not have a paid profile, so you’ll have more options when going for the paid subscription. Without a paid profile you’ll probably won’t be talking to that many woman. The gold or platinum account gives you more options and starts at 10$ a month. Find more details here. The Korean Cupid app can also be downloaded for Iphone or Android. Don’t miss out on the best Korean dating app!
If you are living abroad and looking for a Korean partner than the following sites are the place to be. Be aware of the following:
- Dating Koreans from abroad can become quite expensive as this involves plane tickets, travel expenses, etc.
- Beware of ‘Romance Fraud’. Be prepared to spend some extra time carefully checking your matches.
UB Love, a less popular site than Korean cupid, but is both for men and woman looking for a Korean partner. This site is not only for finding relationships but also for finding pen pals or language buddies.
The free member ship is quite similar as the Korean Cupid free account. Premium members have access to more features than the free accounts. Which is again recommended if you are serious looking for a Korean partner.
3. Ok Cupid Korea
OkCupid is one of the most popular free Korean dating app as it gives very detailed information about each person. The profiles go into great detail and take quite a while to fill out. This is a more serious version than Tinder or other free dating apps.
When joining 아만다 you’ll get rated based on you appearance. A confidence booster for some and a let down for others. The Korean app allows you to meet all kinds of people, and when both parties liked each other, chatting is made possible. At some point this app used to be more popular among Korean than tinder.
5. Sky People
스카이피플, an app designed by a university student and has a big focus on dating people who went to a good university or have good jobs. As this is an important factor in the dating world in South Korea. Woman (professionals or students) between the age of 20 and 39 can easily sign up but men can only sign up if they can prove they went to prestigious universities or have great jobs (doctors, lawyers, etc).
정오의데이트 introduces 3 new people every day at noon based on your location. It is mainly used by Koreans, but if you know some Korean you might enjoy this Korean dating app.
Not directly a dating app, but more focused towards to find Korean friends online for language exchange, meeting up for a coffee or talk about K-pop.
Other Popular Dating Apps In Korea
The apps below are used all over the world and also in Korea. Most of these are free, but have some paid memberships which allows users to use extra features. If you are looking to meet Korean guys online (or girlfriend) or just want a Korean hookup app then make sure to read on.
If you’re in South Korea, looking to date than Tinder is an obvious choice. Tinder in South Korea is still mainly used by foreigners than by Koreans, but this slowly changing. The biggest group of foreigners in South Korea (and on tinder) are English teachers or military.
2. Hello Talk
Hello Talk is not really a dating app, but a language learning app (Korean chat online), one of the biggest ones in the world. This is a great way to meet Korean friends online and learning Korean at the same time. There are many Koreans using the app that are genuinely interested in studying and improving their English, a win win for both of you. This is a good place to start when looking to chat with Korean guys online.
Bumble is similar to tinder, but is a more female-focused version. Only women can make the first more and start a conversation with the men on the platform. This app is perfect for women who like to be in control.
Online Dating Strategy
Online dating is a learning process, with lots of trial and errors. When you are seriously looking for a Korean partner you’ll have to go plants a lot of seeds. Below are some guides on how to set up the best profiles, writing initial and follow up messages and how to ask for the first date.
- You Probably Shouldn’t Write That – A guide on how to create the best online profiles to become to most attractive person online, including finding the right people, what to write and how to send the perfect message.
- Koreans Proven Strategy To Dating Woman – This book is focused towards men that are looking to find a Korean girlfriend or wife. It will teach you how to handle the Korean dating scene and how to get started.
- 121 First Dates – Based on real life experience the author and relationship expert created a guide on how to navigate in the online dating scene and find a partner successfully.