Ice fishing is a popular winter activity in Korea, as there are many ice fishing festivals happening all over the country during the colder months! The most popular festival, without a doubt, is the...
Category: Korea Winter Blog
KOREA WINTER BLOG
During the bitter cold winters in Korea, you might not want to go outside, which is a shame as the Korean winters have so much to offer. Skiing in Korea is one of the best things to do during winter. As the Korean mountains are the perfect environment for the 18 different ski resorts, including High One Park, Vivaldi Ski Resort and Yongpyong Resort. If you’re looking for other fun activities in winter, then why not go to the Hwacheon Sancheoneo ice festival, celebrate Christmas in Korea, visit Busan in winter, celebrate New Years Eve in Seoul or go to a traditional Korean Jjimjil bang? This Korea winter blog will give you an insight in the must visit places in South Korea.
Things To Know When Coming To Korea In Winter
• What To Wear In Korea In Winter – The temperatures in winter can reach -20°C, especially in the mountain area of Gangwon-do. Make sure to pack appropriately, but don’t worry if you forgot something as you’ll be able to buy extra clothes in Seoul upon arrival.
Korea Winter Blog
Listed below is everything you need to know about winter in South Korea.
• Places To Visit In Korea During Winter – Guide to all the best places to visit in Korea in the winter. From skiing to relaxing inside in a hot Jjimjilbang.
• Does It Snow In Seoul And Korea? – A guide to snow in Seoul and the rest of Korea, including where to see it and how to enjoy the snow.
• Things To Do In Busan In Winter – Busan doesn’t get as cold as the rest of the country in winter and this guide covers everything there is to know about winter in Busan.
• Wondae-ri Birch Forest In The Snow – The birch forest in Gangwon-do is absolutely stunning in winter! The white trees together with the white snow is just like a winter wonder paradise.
• Ice Fishing In Korea – During January there are a couple of ice fishing festivals happening in the north east of the county, which are great fun, especially for families with kids.
• Best Ski Resorts In Korea – There are no less than 18 ski resorts in South Korea, so going for a ski or snowboard trip is a must!
• Christmas In Korea – Enjoy the Korean Christmas songs, atmosphere and light festivals happening all around the country.
• Vivaldi Park Ski Resort – One of the closest ski resorts to Seoul which is excellent for beginners. Enjoy skiing, snowboarding or sledding at this ski resort.
• Day Trips From Seoul In Winter – Apart from skiing or snowboarding, there are lots of other great day trips from Seoul available.
• New Year Eve in Seoul – Planning on staying in Seoul during New Years Eve? Then read our full guide on all the best parties and fireworks.
Do not hesitate to contact me regarding questions about coming to Korea in winter
Latest Korea Winter Blog Posts:
See below the latest blog post published about winter in Korea.
Are you visiting South Korea during the Christmas season? Looking to celebrate Christmas in Korea? Want to learn Korean Christmas songs and traditions? Want to learn how to say Merry Christmas in Korean? Do...
South Korea is very well known for having stunning scenery and natural mountainous parks. The Wondae-ri Birch Forest is no different, and might be one of the most stunning forests in Korea. Beautiful all...
Your travel to South Korea is not complete without visiting a traditional Korean bathhouse or 찜질방 (Korean Jjimjil bang). Jjimjilbang literally means heated room. These are places where Koreans come to relax, hang out...
During the bitter cold winters of South Korea, there’s nothing better than spending your time in Vivaldi Ski Resort or one of the other many ski resorts of this mountainous country. The country’s well developed...
The South Korean winters can be harsh. It’s not surprising people are dreading the moment of leaving their cozy houses and prefer cuddling up on the sofa inside, reminiscing about their last summer holiday....
Looking to for places to visit in Korea during winter or celebrate Christmas in Korea? Does it snow in South Korea? What is the Seoul temperature in Winter? What are fun things to do...
Does South Korea get snow? When does it snow in Seoul? Does it snow in Seoul in January? What is the snowfall in Korea? How to enjoy snow in Korea? Read on to find...